Last Updated on June 29, 2022 by Kathryn Donangelo
This Lemon Poppy Seed Yogurt bread is light, moist, lemony and is perfect for any time of the day! It is drizzled with a buttery lemon glaze!
This Lemon Poppy Seed Yogurt Bread is simply divine. My boyfriend brought home these amazingly sweet lemons from a friend’s lemon tree. I did not want them to go to waste so what better way is there to use them up?! Bake this a lemon poppy seed yogurt bread, of course!
Baking with lemons is always a great idea because they are so refreshing and easy to work with. I like to add vanilla yogurt to this recipe instead of using more oil. It makes it extra fluffy and flavorful.
Normally I would make these Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins or Lemon Poppy Seed Cake but I just bought a loaf pan so this bread was meant to be! I have learned to let the bread sit after it is done baking for at least 20 minutes. It is best to have the bread completely cooled before drizzling the icing on top. It is also easier to slice when the bread is cooled as well.
If you love Lemon Poppy Seed Muffs, you will looooove this Lemon Poppy Seed Bread!
THIS LEMON POPPY SEED YOGURT BREAD IS
- Soooo incredibly moist, you might want this for dessert too
- Has a healthy twist and packed with protein from the yogurt
- Light, sweet and the perfect amount of lemon flavor
- Perfect for any breakfast, snack, or sweet treat
LOOKING FOR OTHER SWEET BREAKFAST IDEAS?
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram!
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Lemon Poppyseed Yogurt Bread
- FOR THE BREAD:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Freshly grated zest of 2 lemons divided
- 1 6 oz. or 8 oz. cup of vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- FOR THE ICING
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter; melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8 x 4 loaf pan.
- Whisk together flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, and half of lemon zest in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, oil, and lemon juice. Whisk until combined. Gently fold flour mixture into yogurt mixture until just combined.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes and then invert onto cooling rack.
- While the bread is baking, melt the butter in a microwavable dish and then whisk in the powdered sugar and lemon juice. The icing should be thick enough to spread on the bread once cooled. Be sure the bread is cooled completely. Add lemon zest on top of the icing. Slice and enjoy!