Last Updated on August 30, 2021 by Kathryn Donangelo
This Smoked Salmon Flatbread makes the perfect appetizer, brunch or lunch! Crisp flatbread is layered with herb cream cheese, smoked salmon and toppings that pair perfectly together!
SMOKED SALMON FLATBREAD
Super flavorful, easy and quick! You can make this Smoked Salmon Flatbread in 15 minutes and everyone will be sure to love this appetizer. Perfect to serve at parties, holidays or anytime you’re craving something delicious!
Luscious smoked salmon pairs so well with cream cheese and bread. Smoked salmon is one of my favorite bagel toppings so I knew it would be perfect on a crispy flatbread!
HOW TO MAKE HERB CREAM CHEESE
Making herb cream cheese from scratch couldn’t be any easier. I love using fresh dill, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. It’s so simple and flavorful!
All you do is combine the herbs and seasonings to plain (softened) cream cheese and mix together. Voila!
Flatbread: Naan, Lavash bread, cooked pizza crust will all work.
Smoked Salmon: high quality smoked salmon is always best. For the healthiest option, be sure no coloring is added to the salmon and natural smoked salmon has the best flavor. You could also use gravlax.
Herb cream cheese: you could also use plain cream cheese, goat cheese or Boursin cheese instead.
Toppings and garnishes: arugula, capers, red onions, fresh dill, chives and lemon slices. You can use whatever garnishes you love, there isn’t a wrong way to make this flatbread 😉
HOW TO MAKE SMOKED SALMON FLATBREAD
MAKE HERB CREAM CHEESE: my recipe couldn’t be any easier. Store bought herb cream cheese will work too.
HEAT FLATBREAD: every oven is different so be sure to keep an eye on your flatbread. Cook the flatbread for an addition 2 minute if you want it extra crispy.
ASSEMBLE: Spread cream cheese, then layer with smoked salmon, toppings and garnishes.
SLICE: you can cut these into small or large slices. Serve immediately and enjoy!
TIPS AND VARIATIONS
- Make this a breakfast flatbread by adding scrambled eggs and sliced avocado on top!
- You can make the herb cream cheese ahead of time, just be sure to cover tightly with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container. Makes for a great schmear on bagels!
- Don’t want to use flatbread? Use all of the same ingredients and add them to a bagel or toast instead.
- Goat cheese, plain cream cheese, whipped cream cheese or Boursin cheese could be used instead of herb cream cheese.
- Other ingredients you could add are thinly sliced cucumbers, radishes and avocados. Micro-greens and everything but the bagel seasoning are also great garnishes.
- I love using a generous amount of smoked salmon on each flatbread but you certainly don’t have to- 4 ounces will be plenty! I suggest tearing the smoked salmon into pieces if you want to use less than 8 ounces so it is evenly spread on the flatbread.
THIS SMOKED SALMON FLATBREAD IS
- So versatile, you could change up this recipe as much as you want. There are many variations and ingredient additions to this recipe.
- Quick, easy and takes less than 20 minutes to make from start to finish! Perfect to make for any last minute lunch or brunch plans.
- Beautiful and eye-catching, everyone will fall in love with this flatbread.
This Smoked Salmon Flatbread is best when it’s served and eaten within a few hours.
LOOKING FOR OTHER SEAFOOD RECIPE IDEAS?
- Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
- Easy Clam Dip
- Avocado Tuna Salad
- The Best Homemade Tuna Poke Bowl
- Easy Homemade California Roll
- Shrimp Spring Rolls
- Baked Crab Rangoons
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Herb Cream Cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese; softened
- 2 tsp. fresh dill; finely chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh chives; finely chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- salt and pepper; to taste
Smoked Salmon Flatbread
- 1 or 2 any type of cooked flatbread; Lavash bread, Naan bread, precooked pizza crust or pita bread will work (see notes below)
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 Tbsp. red onions; thinly sliced or diced
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 1/4 cup arugula
- 1 tsp. fresh dill; chopped
- lemons; thinly sliced optional
To make the herb cream cheese
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, dill and chives. Mix together until combined and cream cheese is smooth.
To make the smoked salmon flatbread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the flatbread on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, just so the flatbread is slightly crisp. Let cool for 5-7 minutes.
- Spread cream cheese on top of the cooled flatbread. Top with smoked salmon, red onions, arugula, capers, fresh dill, chives, and lemon slices. Slice and enjoy!
- If you use Lavash bread, you will only need 1 bread for this recipe. If you use Naan or Pita bread, you will need 2 breads since they are smaller in size. For the pizza crust, it will depend on the size.
- It's best to eat the flatbread the same day. It will not be the same when stored in the refrigerator for leftovers.
- Be sure to read my Tips and Variation section on my blog for other ingredients to use or add.