Last Updated on
These deliciously savory smoked salmon bites are rolled up in a lemon dill cream cheese spread and fresh spinach! They make a fun bite size appetizer for any party or occasion. They are light and full of fresh flavor!
One of my favorite breakfast items is a bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese! Of course bagels aren’t my regular go-to breakfast because of allllll the carbs but these bites can really curb my lox + bagel craving! I made these Easy Smoked Salmon Roll-Ups for breakfast one morning and the leftovers turned in a snack. These roll-ups makes a fun appetizer for any party or event!
You won’t be able to get enough of these Easy Smoked Salmon Roll-Ups!
You will want to make more of this cream cheese spread…it is so easy and fresh. Leftover cream cheese is perfect for bagels! It is full of bright flavors of lemon, dill, and red onions.
Spread it, spread it good! Use as much cream cheese as you prefer but I would use at least 3 heaping spoonfuls of the cream cheese on each wrap.
These are so satisfying and refreshing. I would double or triple the recipe because you won’t be able to get enough.
Make sure to use good quality smoked salmon. For those that know me, know I love smoked salmon. I am picky when it comes to smoked salmon because it makes all the different if it is good quality and wild. I am not a fan of farmed salmon so be sure the package says “wild” on it before purchasing. You will thank me later or just Google farmed salmon and you won’t buy it again.
You can create these roll ups to your liking, if you want more salmon- add more salmon! I used to not be a fan of dill but as my taste buds have evolved, dill is now one of my favorite herbs. For those who would prefer to omit the dill, I would recommend using an herb cream cheese or a chive and green onion cream cheese.
Easy Smoked Salmon Roll-Ups
- 1 8 oz. block of cream cheese; softened
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill; finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. red onion; finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1-2 tsp. fresh lemon juice (I used the juice of 1/2 large lemon)
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 2 spinach wraps
- 8 oz. smoked salmon
- In a small bowl mash the cream cheese, fresh dill, red onions, lemon and pepper together with a fork until combined, light and creamy. This may take a few minutes.
- On a flat surface or cutting board, lay a wrap down and scoop a generous spoonful (about 3 heaping tablespoons) of the cream cheese mixture. Spread cream cheese evenly with a spatula or butter knife leaving about 1/4 inch on around the edge.
- Layer on fresh spinach and then the smoked salmon on top! Press the spinach leafs and smoked salmon firmly so it sticks to the cream cream cheese.
- Carefully and firmly, rolls the wraps inward and set aside. Repeat with the other wrap. I only used 2 wraps because I wanted my roll ups to be generously filled with salmon. Place the rolled wraps in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to set. Slice with a serrated or very sharp knife. and cut into 1/2-1 inch pinwheels and serve immediately.
Looking for other smoked salmon recipes? Try these!