As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Silver Dollar Mini Pancakes are easy, fluffy, and perfect for breakfast or brunch any day! Made with the same ingredients as classic Buttermilk Pancakes except these are MINI and the size of a silver dollar.
Silver Dollar Pancake Recipe
This is the best Silver Dollar Pancake recipe because these little pancake have just as much flavor as regular pancakes except they are bite-sized. These are quick and easy to make and are so much better (and better for you) then the frozen small pancakes!
These little pancakes will quickly become one of your favorite breakfast recipes because everything is better when they are mini. Add them to your brunch menu, baby showers, breakfast for kids, put them on a skewer for a fun party food, and customize them by adding your favorite toppings.
My favorite way to eat these mini silver dollar pancakes is by stacking them and adding a little butter and drizzle of warm maple syrup on top. I love making a batch early in the week so I can have a grab-and-go breakfast on busy mornings.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Fluffy pancakes: Thanks to the buttermilk and leavening agents we use (baking powder and baking soda), these are the fluffiest pancakes!
- Easy recipe: You only need a few minutes to prep the batter! Use a large griddle, pan or skillet to cook more at once to speed up the time.
- Mini sized: They are the perfect size for kids and they are so much fun to eat. Kids will actually eat there breakfast when you serve them this!
- All-purpose flour: Spoon and level the flour when measuring it; don’t scoop it out of the bag using the measuring cup. This way, you won’t accidentally measure out too much.
- Baking powder & baking soda: Used as a leavening agent. This will help the pancakes rise and get fluffy.
- Egg: Adds a bit of richness and helps bind the ingredients together.
- Buttermilk: Gives the signature pancake flavor and will make the pancakes extra fluffy and tender.
- Sugar and honey: Adds the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Unsalted butter: Used in the batter and on to grease the griddle. If you use salted butter, make sure to omit salt from the recipe.
How To Make Homemade Buttermilk
If for whatever reason you don’t have buttermilk at home you can make it from scratch! Simply pour 1 cup of regular milk (this could be whole or low-fat) into a liquid measuring cup and add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar. Stir together and let the milk sit for 10 minutes or until it starts to curdle.
How To Make Silver Dollar Pancakes
Combine Dry Ingredients: Preheat a pan, large skillet, or griddle to medium heat. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
Combine Wet Ingredients: In a medium bowl, mix together honey, buttermilk, egg, and melted butter. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Do not over-mix, there will be a few lumps in the batter.
Add pancake batter to griddle: Grease the griddle with nonstick cooking spray or butter and pour about 1-2 tablespoons of batter onto the griddle. Allow the pancakes to cook for about 2 minutes or until you notice small bubbles forming in the batter.
Flip & enjoy: Flip the pancakes carefully with a spatula and allow them cook for about 1-2 minutes more or until they are a light golden brown. Repeat until you are out of batter and be sure to liberally grease the grilled after every batch. Transfer the pancakes to a cooling rack, baking sheet or platter and cover with foil. Top pancakes with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Healthy pancakes: Use whole wheat flour as a healthy alternative and swap the sugar for more honey or coconut sugar.
Milk: If you don’t want to use buttermilk, alternatively you can use whole milk, reduced fat milk, or almond milk.
Make gluten-free pancakes: Swap the all-purpose flour for gluten-free flour.
Banana pancakes: Add a slice of banana to the tops of the pancake once you’ve added the batter to the griddle. You can also add mashed banana to the batter.
Add vanilla flavor: Add a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract for a warm vanilla flavor.
Protein pancakes: Add protein by adding a scoop or two of vanilla or plain flavored protein powder.
I love adding butter and maple syrup to my pancakes but these can be totally customized to your favorites! Some of my other favorite toppings are:
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Peanut butter
- Sliced bananas
- Sprinkles (this would be fun for a birthday or celebratory breakfast!)
- Fresh fruit
- Lemon curd and or lemon zest
- Whipped cream
- Crumbled bacon (if you want a savory topping)
Leftovers & Storage
To-store: Store pancakes in an airtight container, on a plate covered with plastic wrap or you can put them in a zip-lock freezer bag for up to 4-5 days. Warm them in a microwave or toaster oven.
To-freeze: Store cooled pancakes in an airtight container or you can put them in a freezer safe bag. Freeze for up to 1 month. Place frozen pancake in the oven or toaster oven to warm.
Other Pancake Recipes
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Baked Pancakes
- Pancake Muffins
- Silver Dollar Pancakes
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- Oatmeal Pancakes
- Vanilla Yogurt Pancakes
- Funfetti Pancakes
Other Popular Recipes to Make for Breakfast
- Berry Fruit Salad
- Baked French Toast Sticks
- Sausage Hashbrown Casserole
- Baked Oats
- Cinnamon Sugar Biscuit Bites
- Egg White Bites
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join thousands of subscribers & get
easy recipes via email for FREE!
Want to be Featured?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out…
Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Easy, simple, and delicious recipes anyone can make. Click the button below so you don’t miss any recipes!
Silver Dollar Pancake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey melted
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 whole large egg
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- Preheat a pan or griddle to medium heat. In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, mix together honey, buttermilk, egg, and melted butter. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Do not over-mix, there will be a few lumps in the batter.
- Grease the griddle with nonstick cooking spray or butter and pour about 1-2 tablespoons of batter onto the griddle. Allow the pancakes to cook for about 2 minutes or until you notice little bubbles forming in the batter.
- Flip the pancakes carefully with a spatula and allow them cook for about 1-2 minutes more. Repeat until you are out of batter and be sure to liberally grease the grilled after every batch.Transfer the pancakes to a cooling rack or platter and cover with foil. Top pancakes with your favorite toppings and enjoy!