Last Updated on December 26, 2022 by Kathryn Donangelo
Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs are packed with flavor, freshness, and creaminess! These colorful eggs are made with a delicious yolk filling loaded with smoked salmon, fresh lemon juice, dill, then topped with more smoked salmon! Make them as an easy appetizer or snack all year round.
PIN these Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs to try later!
Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
These eggs are made with a lemon and dill yolk filling, then topped with luscious cold smoked salmon. Smoked salmon makes everything taste better and each bite has the perfect combination of flavors.
Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs are perfect any time of year. Classic Deviled Eggs are always a crowd pleaser no matter where you take them. Once you add smoked salmon, they will go in quicker than you made them.
Other favorite smoked salmon recipes are Smoked Salmon Crackers, Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Dip, and Smoked Salmon Roll Ups.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Easy to whip up. They take less than 10 minutes if you hard boil your eggs ahead of time so you can have this easy appetizer ready in no time. Assembling the eggs takes the most time which is a few minutes.
Perfect Appetizer. These elegant appetizers are perfect to bring to a gathering, any special occasion, holiday party, dinner party, and can easily to feed a large crowd (simply double or triple the recipe).
Fun Finger Food: You don’t need any fancy equipment to serve these up. They make a great finger food and are easy to serve since all you need to do is pop them into your mouth.
- Hard boiled eggs: You want to be sure to use fresh eggs. You can use either large brown eggs or white eggs. You could also use store-bought hard boiled eggs too.
- Mayonnaise: Gives the yolk filling a creamy texture.
- Dijon mustard: Adds a tangy and sharp flavor. You could also use yellow mustard instead.
- Lemon juice: Adds a refreshing citrus flavor.
- Red onion: You could also use a shallot if you prefer.
- Salt and pepper: To taste.
- Fresh dill: This is optional but I love the flavor and look of fresh dill.
- Smoked salmon: The star ingredient! You want to be sure the smoked salmon is cut thin. I use 4 ounces but you can use more or less salmon if you prefer.
How To Make Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs
Bring a large pot of water to a full boil. Make sure there is enough water to cover at least 1 inch above the eggs. With a large spoon or wooden spoon, carefully place eggs in pot. Reduce heat to medium-low and remove lid.
Set a timer for 16 minutes and let the eggs cook. Once the eggs are done, immediately place them under cold water for about 2-3 minutes until the eggs are cooled. You could also place the eggs in an ice bath.
How To Make Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
Hard Boil Eggs. Once eggs have been hard boiled, gently peel the eggs under cold water and make sure to remove any egg shells. Pat dry with a paper towel.
Mix Yolk Mixture. Slice the hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Set the egg white halves aside. With a spoon, scoop out the egg yolks and place them in a medium bowl. Use a fork to mash yolks together until they are finely crumbled. Add the mayo, red onion, lemon juice, dill, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and 2 ounces of chopped smoked salmon. Mix until all of the ingredients in the egg yolk mixture is completely combined. Alternatively, you could mix the yolk mixture in the bowl of a food processor.
Spoon Yolk Mixture. Use a small spoon or small cookie scoop to fill the inside of the egg whites until you use up all of the yolk mixture. Top with smoked salmon slices, then garnish with capers. Enjoy!
Recipe Tips & Variations
Healthy Alternative: If you want to make these with a healthy twist, swap out the mayonnaise for plain nonfat Greek yogurt.
Extra Creaminess: For extra creamy deviled eggs, add about 2-3 teaspoons of extra mayo or Greek yogurt.
Fancy Deviled Eggs: If you want to make these deviled eggs extra fancy for a holiday or party, add the yolk filling to a piping bag and customize by using your favorite pipping tip.
Egg Salad Sandwich: Use leftovers eggs in an egg salad sandwich! Chop up the leftover eggs and add them to sliced bread with a few slices of smoked salmon on top. SO GOOD!
Toppings: If you want to add even more flavor and color to the eggs top with green onion slices, cayenne pepper, paprika, chives, everything but the bagel seasoning, or thinly sliced lemon.
How To Store Leftovers
Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs will last in the refrigerator for up to 5 days when stored in an airtight container, sealed container, or tightly wrapped with plastic wrap.
Other Delicious Appetizer Recipes
- Spicy Tuna Bites
- Antipasto Skewers
- Baked Artichoke Hearts
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp
- Smoked Salmon Flatbread
Can’t Get Enough
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on social media: Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out and leave a star rating in the recipe card! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs cut in half
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red onion or shallot finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces smoked salmon divided
- 2 tablespoons capers for garish (optional)
- Hard boil your eggs (see in notes how to hard boil an egg). Gently peel the eggs under cold water and make sure to remove any egg shells. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. With a spoon, scoop out the egg yolks and place them in a medium bowl. Use a fork to mash the egg yolks together until they are finely crumbled. Add the mayo, red onion, lemon juice, dill, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and 2 ounces of chopped smoked salmon. Mix until all of the ingredients in the yolk mixture is completely combined.
- Use a spoon or small cookie scoop to fill the inside of the egg whites until you use up all of the yolk mixture. Top with smoked salmon slices, then garnish with capers. Enjoy!
My daughter loves lox with eggs, so making these smoked salmon deviled eggs for Christmas was a must. She fell in love as did everyone else. This will be a fixture at all of our get togethers for sure.
I love deviled eggs! I’ve never tried them with smoked salmon, but I definitely want to now!
Loreto and Nicoletta Nardelli says
These smoked salmon deviled eggs are easy to put together and look so pretty on a holiday appetizer table!
Ooh I love the sound of the smoked salmon on top of the deviled eggs. A nice swap for caviar…these look delicious! One of my favorite appetizers ^_^
Ooh I love the sound of the smoked salmon on top of the deviled eggs. A nice swap for caviar…these look delicious! One of my favorite appetizers!
Lori | The Kitchen Whisperer says
We love deviled eggs but hadn’t tried them this way. Omgosh SO AMAZING! Definitely a keeper for sure!
Sandhya Ramakrishnan says
These are so adorable and such a handy pick-me-up appetizer for a holiday party. And these are so easy to make as well.
Jenny Graves says
Smoked salmon and deviled eggs is a wonderful marriage of like minded ingredients. Your fans will take note of this recipe. Enjoy!
I love smoked salmon so much and i will make any recipe that includes it! I cant wait to give this a go, thank you for sharing!