As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Broccoli Quinoa Casserole makes the best side dish and goes with any meal. Packed with healthy ingredients so you could feel good about eating this comforting dish.
BROCCOLI QUINOA CASSEROLE
This Cheesy Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Casserole needs to be on your dinner table at least once a week! We were hooked the first time I made this recipe because it was so simple, tasty and loaded with healthy broccoli cheddar goodness.
Quinoa has a reputation to be boring, bland and unappetizing. Well, now you can enjoy quinoa and all of the health benefits because this recipe takes quinoa to the next level.
I love all things flavored broccoli and cheddar because the ingreidnts compliment each other so well. Try my Skinny Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Broccoli Cheddar Bites and Broccoli Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes.
- Raw quinoa: be sure to rinse the quinoa prior to cooking.
- Salt, pepper, onion powder: seasonings.
- Chicken broth: low-sodium is best. You can always add more salt if needed. You can also use beef broth.
- Broccoli florets: fresh is always best. Frozen broccoli florets will work too.
- Eggs: adds richness and texture.
- Milk: you can use whole or low-fat milk. Milk makes this dish creamy.
- Garlic: adds flavor.
- Sharp cheddar cheese: I always recommend shredding your own cheese.
- Green onions: for garnish and is optional.
HOW TO MAKE BROCCOLI QUINOA CASSEROLE
STEP ONE. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a square 9×9 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
STEP TWO. In a medium sauce pan, combine raw quinoa, salt, onion powder and chicken broth. Bring the quinoa to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
STEP FOUR. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, pepper, garlic and 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese. Mix until combined.
WHAT IS QUINOA
Quinoa is a gluten-free seed and also known as an ancient grain that makes a healthy and nutritious substitute for rice or other grains. There are thousands of types of quinoa varieties and can be enjoyed as a side dish, dessert and much more. Quinoa is high in protein, low in fat and is loaded with fiber, amino acids and nutrients.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
I love eating this Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Casserole the next day because it’s just as delicious! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. Reheat in the microwave or place the casserole in the oven to warm.
THIS BROCCOLI QUINOA CASSEROLE IS
- The ultimate side dish that accompanies just about any meal!
- So cheesy, flavorful and healthy too!
- A great way to get in extra veggies- kids will love this too!
- Loaded with cheddar cheese inside the casserole and on top (so it’s extra cheesy).
- Perfect for holidays, potlucks and just about any occasion you can think of.
- So comforting and makes for a cozy dish!
MORE SIDE DISH RECIPES TO TRY:
- Easy Macaroni and Cheese
- Easy Corn Fritters
- Creamy Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Fluffy Dinner Rolls
- Cheesy Vegetable Bake
- Sweet and Moist Cornbread
- Loaded Cheesy Cauliflower Bake
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Casserole
- 1 cup raw quinoa
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 whole large eggs; slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese; shredded
- green onions; sliced optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a square 9x9 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine raw quinoa, salt, onion powder and chicken broth. Bring the quinoa to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for approximately 15 minutes, or until cooked. When the quinoa is cooked, all of the liquid will be absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, pepper, garlic and 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese. Mix until combined.
- Add quinoa and broccoli, mix until combined. Transfer to prepared casserole dish. Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes. Remove and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Return to oven for 4-5 minutes or until cheese has melted. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with green onions, optional.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. Reheat in the microwave or place the casserole in the oven to warm.
- Make these a meal by adding chopped or shredded chicken to the quinoa casserole before baking it.