As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Easy Corn Fritters come together in 25 minutes and everyone will love them! Crispy fritters are filled with corn that pops, cheese and tons of flavors. Serve them as an appetizer or side dish and they are perfect for any time of the year.
I love a good fritter, especially if it requires simple ingredients and is easy to make just like these Easy Corn Fritters! Serve these all year round because corn is always in season and you’ll always be able to find it. The good news is you can use fresh or frozen corn.
These are the best Corn Fritters and are such a perfect appetizer, snack or side dish- like these Zucchini Corn Fritters I made a little while back. These make the perfect finger food and you can make the fritters look fancy by garnishing them with a scallops or green onions.
WHAT ARE CORN FRITTERS?
Fritters are simply portioned battered dough that is deep-fried, similar to a fried cake until golden brown. Fresh or drained canned corn is folded into the batter making these fritters extra crispy, sweet and savory. The base of the fritter dough usually always consists of flour, milk, eggs, baking powder and seasonings. You can dress these fritters up (or down) any way that you prefer (see my recommendations below).
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Ground cumin
- White or black pepper
- Corn kernels
- Scallions or green onions
HOW TO MAKE CORN FRITTERS
WHISK. In a large bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, cumin, sugar and pepper.
MIX. In a second mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients including egg, milk and butter. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients until just combined. Be sure not to over-mix.
FOLD. Fold in corn and scallions. Allow batter to sit for 15 minutes, preferably chilled.
FRY. Heat 1/4 inch of vegetable oil in skillet over medium-high heat to 325°F-350°F. Spoon approximately 1 heaping tablespoon of batter into hot oil. Fry for about 2-3 minutes, turning halfway. Fritters will be a golden brown.
I love how fritters can be enjoyed pretty much any time of the year! You can use fresh or frozen corn kernels with this recipe. The corn makes these fritters pop in your mouth and theirs nothing better than a fresh fritter!
HOW TO SERVE CORN FRITTERS
The sky is the limit here! You can serve these fritters any way that you want and we love them as an appetizer, side dish or snack! These corn fritters are perfectly delicious just as they are but if you’re wanting to add more some topping ideas are:
- Sour cream
- Garlic aioli
- Hot sauce
You can add even more to these fritters! If you want to add more veggies or protein you can! Some ideas are:
- Diced ham
- Crumbled and cooked bacon
- Diced jalapeños
- Shredded cheese (turn these fritters into Cheesy Corn Fritters)
- Crushed red pepper flaks (adds heat)
- Diced bell peppers
- Shredded carrots or zucchini
- Chopped mushrooms; preferably cooked or canned
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CORN FRITTERS
These fritters make a delicious appetizer and can be accompanied with my light and refreshing Arugula Parmesan Salad, Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers, Chicken and Potatoes and this comforting Macaroni and Cheese. You can serve these fritters with just about any meal and they make an easy appetizer for holidays, parties or potlucks.
THESE EASY CORN FRITTERS ARE
- Crispy with a crunch from the corn!
- A great addition to any meal for any occasion. You can serve these fritters any time of the year.
- Easy and can be made in 25 minutes.
- Hearty and can be served as a vegetarian meal! Simply add grilled veggies or a fried egg on top of a stack of fritters.
MAKE AHEAD & LEFTOVERS
If you want to save some time, you can make the corn fritter batter a few hours or day before you are ready to fry them up. Just be sure to give the batter a stir and you are ready to go!
Fresh corn fritters make the best fritters! When storing the corn fritters as leftovers, they will not be as crispy the next day. You can store them in an airtight container or ziplock bag in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If you want the fritters to become crispy again, you can re-fry them.
LOOKING FOR OTHER EASY APPETIZER AND SNACK RECIPES? TRY THESE!
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cheese Pizza Roll Ups
- Italian Roasted Bell Peppers
- Baked Brie Cheese
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Homemade Soft Pretzels
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Easy Corn Fritters
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. white or black pepper
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1/4 cup whole or low-fat milk
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter; melted
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1/4 cup scallions or green onions; finely chopped
- vegetable oil; enough to fill 1/4 inch of your skillet or frying pan
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, cumin, sugar and pepper.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients including egg, milk and butter. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients until just combined. Be sure not to over-mix.
- Fold in corn and scallions. Allow batter to sit for 15 minutes, preferably chilled.
- Heat 1/4 inch of vegetable oil in skillet over medium-high heat to 325°F-350°F. Spoon approximately 1 heaping tablespoon of batter into hot oil. Fry for about 2-3 minutes, turning halfway. Fritters will be a golden brown.
- Place a wire rack over a paper towel lined baking sheet to drain excess oil. If you are making a large batch I recommend keeping them warm in the oven while frying.