As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
This one-pot stove top skinny broccoli cheddar soup is so easy and simple to make and is entirely made from scratch! It is so comforting, cheesy and creamy!
You only need a few ingredients to whip up this cozy and healthy Skinny Broccoli Cheddar Soup! This soup is filled with an abundance of broccoli and gooey cheddar cheese that melts in your mouth. It’s a perfect combination!
Instead of using heavy cream, I used milk and a little butter to make it extra creamy and luscious. Since I don’t often eat at Panera Bread and I LOVE their broccoli cheddar soup; I made my own that tastes even better! PLUS I know exactly which ingredients went into this soup.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS SKINNY BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP
Soup is a staple in our home and it is so comforting on a cold evening. This can be served with crusty bread or my favorite…bread bowls! Since we have our wedding in a few short months (time is going by so fast!) I am trying to load up on as many veggies as I can and eat less carbs. I love devouring my veggies especially when they are in soups!
LOOKING FOR OTHER HEALTHY AND EASY SOUPS?
This Skinny Broccoli Cheddar Soup is a great soup to make if you are trying to sneak in extra veggies for your kids! You can load up on the carrots and broccoli in this soup and they would’t even know. I also like to add cauliflower to this soup as well. I like to use my immersion blender for this recipe but I only blend half because I love chunks of broccoli in every bite. Adding shredded cheddar cheese and green onions makes this exceptional!
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Skinny Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium white onion; chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 cups broccoli; chopped
- 1 carrot; shredded
- 2 cups milk; whole or reduced fat
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded regular or reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 2 cups chicken broth or bone broth
- In a large pot on medium heat, add olive oil, butter, chopped onion, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until browned. Add in broccoli, shredded carrot and milk. Let sit for 7-10 minutes or until broccoli is soft.
- Remove half of the soup and place in a large bowl. With an immersion blender, blend half of the soup until creamy then pour back into the pot. Stir in mustard, cheese, corn starch (for thickening), and chicken broth. Blend once more with the blender and then simmer on low for 25 minutes. Top with more shredded cheese and green onions. Enjoy!