As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Bagel Dip is easy, simple, super creamy, and loaded with the same flavors as an everything bagel! Perfect to serve at brunch, parties, or as an appetizer!
Bagel Dip is an easy and deliciously creamy dip that’s loaded with plenty of everything bagel seasoning. Dip your favorite bagels or use it as a bagel, wrap, or sandwich spread.
Serve this Bagel Dip as a brunch dish or appetizer for any occasion or party, everyone will love it! It takes less than 10 minutes to make and can be made ahead of time.
I love spreading some of this dip on a bagel with a few slices of smoked salmon for the ultimate breakfast. If you love smoked salmon, try my Smoked Salmon Dip that could also be used as a bagel spread.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Cream cheese: Make sure the cream cheese is softened and at room temperature to ensure an extra creamy dip. You can use either full-fat cream cheese or low-fat cream cheese.
- Mayonnaise: You just need a few tablespoons to add creaminess. You can also use plain Greek yogurt.
- Sour cream: Adds the perfect amount of tanginess to this dip. You can use low-fat or fat-free sour cream as an alternative.
- Seasonings: We use bagel seasoning blend (EBTB- that’s made of sea salt flakes, white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, dried minced garlic, and dried minced onions.), garlic powder, poppy seeds, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Chives: Adds freshness and flavor. You could also use fresh green onions.
- Dippers: Chop up your favorite flavored bagels (I love everything, poppy seeds, and plain bagels). You can also serve with your favorite crackers, bagel chips, pita chips, potato chips, and fresh veggies such as carrots sticks, cucumber slices, and celery sticks.
how to make bagel dip
Mix all ingredients together: Add all of the ingredients to large or medium bowl and mix together with a fork or an electric hand mixer until combined. The mixture should be smooth.
Garnish and serve: Transfer the dip mixture to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh herbs (I used chives, dill, and more bagel seasoning). Serve with your favorite dippers such as bagel pieces, crackers, and fresh veggies. Enjoy!
recipe tips & variations
- Softened cream cheese:This is key for an extra creamy dip! For best results, let the cream cheese sit out on the counter for a few hours before making the dip. It should be soft enough that you could blend the dip with a fork.
- Add-ins: Red chili flakes, pickled or fresh diced jalapeños, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, pimentos, and finely minced garlic are great options.
- Healthier alternative: You can make this a healthier version by using low-fat cream cheese, plain Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise and use a low-fat or fat-free sour cream.
- Add spice: Add a little heat by adding a few splashes of your favorite hot sauce or red chili flakes.
- Low carb dish: Make this into a low carb snack by dipping your favorite fresh vegetables in this dip.
YES! I love making dips a few hours ahead or the day before because it lets the flavors come together. The longer the dip sits in the refrigerator, the more flavor it will have.
leftovers & storage
Store any leftovers in an airtight container or cover bowl with plastic wrap for up to 4-5 days. Once you are ready to serve the dip, make sure to give it a good stir with a spoon and enjoy.
I do not recommend freezing this dip as it will change the texture completely.
other dip recipes
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join thousands of subscribers & get
easy recipes via email for FREE!
Want to be Featured?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out…
Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Easy, simple, and delicious recipes anyone can make. Click the button below so you don’t miss any recipes!
- 1 brick cream cheese 8 ounces
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon everything but the bagel seasoning
- 3 tablespoons chives or green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- dippers bagels, veggies, crackers, or pretzels
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix together with a fork or an electric hand mixer until combined. The mixture should be smooth.
- Transfer the dip mixture to a serving bowl and serve with your favorite dippers such as bagel pieces, crackers, and fresh veggies. Enjoy!