Last Updated on
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MazolaHeartHealth #CollectiveBias
I love everything about a refreshing Greek Salad! This salad has all of the authentic ingredients in a Greek Salad plus creamy avocado! February is Heart Health Month! Did you know a clinical study showed Mazola® Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, visit Mazola.com.
This mouthwatering Avocado Greek Salad is everything you want in a salad. It’s quick, easy, better for you and jam packed with flavor.
In this Avocado Greek Salad recipe, I swapped out olive oil and replaced it with heart-healthy corn out so this salad is even more beneficial for you!
I like to cut my vegetables into bite-sized pieces so they are easy to eat without a knife. This dressing is so incredibly easy to make you will want to make this often. I like to keep my dressing in a mason jar and keep it in the fridge and use it throughout the week on other salads we make for dinner!
This Avocado Greek Salad is the perfect way to start a meal! Since these vegetables are so robust, you can prep this all before and let the veggies chill in the refrigerator. This salad is exceptional when served cold.
BENEFITS OF MAZOLA® CORN OIL
- The American Heart Association recently issued a new presidential advisory on dietary fats and cardiovascular disease (CVD) that strongly advised replacing saturated fat, like that found in coconut oil, with polyunsaturated fat, like corn oil, to reduce the risk of CVD by 30 percent
- The 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans no longer emphasize a “low-fat” diet, but rather choosing quality, “good” fats. This includes replacing saturated fats that are known to contribute to heart disease with unsaturated fats, especially polyunsaturated fats, like those in Mazola Corn Oil. A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, visit Mazola.com.
- According to the USDA, corn oil has more than five times the amount of polyunsaturated fats compared to olive oil. A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, visit Mazola.com.
- You can easily reduce saturated fats and cholesterol in your meals by simply swapping butter or other oils with Mazola Corn Oil
For more information regarding these health claims, please click here. Mazola Corn Oil is an all-purpose, cholesterol free cooking oil that is a smart heart-healthy* choice for your family. *See Mazola.com for more information on the relationship between corn oil and heart health. It has a variety of uses include baking, grilling, sautéing, stir frying, or mixing up a marinade or dressing.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS AVOCADO GREEK SALAD
- Roma tomatoes
- English or regular cucumber
- Red onion
- Green bell pepper
- Kalamata olives
- Feta cheese
- Lettuce; optional
Every great salad needs an amazing salad dressing to go with it!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS GREEK SALAD DRESSING
- Mazola Corn Oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Granulated garlic
- Salt + pepper
LOOKING FOR OTHER SALAD RECIPES? TRY THESE!
I also have a vast array of pasta salad recipes too! Some of my favorite recipes are Classic Italian Pasta Salad, Vegetable Pasta Salad, Spinach Artichoke Tortellini Salad, Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad, and Mediterranean Pasta Salad!
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Avocado Greek Salad
For the Greek Salad
- 4 medium Roma tomatoes diced
- 2 medium Regular cucumber; peeled chopped
- 1/2 small red onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper; seeds removed chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives; drained, pitted, sliced
- 4 oz. about 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 medium avocado; cubed
- 2 cups lettuce of your choice; optional
For the Greek Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup Mazola Corn Oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 lemons; juiced
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 3/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Add all of your vegetables, olives, and feta cheese in a large salad bowl.
- In a mason jar or small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the salad dressing.
- Toss the salad with about 3 tablespoons of the dressing and then sprinkle with salt, pepper and more oregano. Add more salad dressing as needed to suit your personal taste. Serve immediately or let it sit in the frige until ready to serve. Enjoy this heart healthy salad!
Check out Mazola for more delicious recipe ideas.