Last Updated on August 31, 2022 by Kathryn Donangelo
This Classic Italian Pasta Salad is bright, fresh and is packed with flavor! There are 3 different Italian meats and cheeses in this salad. This will make the perfect addition to any summer BBQ or party!
You can make this pasta salad in advance! I actually prefer to make mine the day before because the pasta will absorb all of the flavors of the dressing. I almost always make this pasta salad with just meats, cheeses and olives but you can add your favorites depending on what you love! Another favorite salad that is pasta-less and makes the ultimate salad for a sunny summer day is my Antipasto Salad. It has many of the same ingredients- instead of pasta I use lettuce and added a few other Italian favorites.
This is the easiest way to make a pasta salad if you are short on time and need to make a quick side dish or appetizer. Everybody loves pasta salad so this dish is definitely a crowd pleaser. I make this for almost any BBQ or event we go to…especially in the summer! I load this Classic Italian Pasta Salad with cheese, salami and olives. The best part about this pasta salad is I use 3 different types of Italian meats and 3 different cheeses. I used Salami, Coppa, and Spicy Capicola.. and for the cheeses I always use Mozzarella, Sharp Cheddar and Pepper Jack.
LOOKING FOR OTHER PASTA SALAD IDEAS?
- Vegetable Herb Pasta Salad
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- Taco Pasta Salad
- Spinach and Artichoke Tortellini Pasta Salad
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Classic Italian Pasta Salad
- 1 lb multi colored rotini pasta
- 1/2 bottle about 1 1/4 cups Wish Bone light Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese; cubed
- 1/2 cup Sharp Cheddar cheese; cubed
- 1/2 cup Pepper Jack cheese; cubed
- 1/2 cup Salami; chopped
- 1/2 cup Coppa; chopped
- 1/2 cup Spicy Capicola; chopped
- 1 can black olives; sliced
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Rinse under cold water.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl once the pasta has cooled. Add dressing and toss until all ingredients are combined.
This is my go to for every bbq or gathering!!! It’s so delicious as written. A crowd pleaser for sure and so simple!
Kathryn Donangelo says
Thank you for always making my pasta salad!! 🙂 xoxo
This is my favorite recipe of all time! I make it for every occasion and it’s always a hit. I can’t get enough of this pasta salad!