As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
This gluten-free Vegetable Herb Pasta Salad is made with fresh vegetables and a lemon herb vinaigrette. Perfect for any time of the year and makes a healthy and hearty salad!
This super duper easy Vegetable Herb Pasta Salad is loaded with fresh vegetables and covered with a homemade herb vinaigrette dressing. I used chickpea noodles that are naturally gluten-free and it tasted just as amazing as regular pasta does!
All you simply do to make this Veggie-Loaded Pasta Salad is cook the pasta, add the chopped vegetables to the cooked pasta, make the Herb Vinaigrette, add to pasta and vegetables, and mix until combined. That is all!
You can totally make this salad the day before and let it marinate in your fridge until you are ready to enjoy it. I actually prefer my pasta salad to be made the day before because it gives it SO MUCH more flavor!
This Herb Vinaigrette for this gluten-free Vegetable Pasta Salad is zesty from fresh lime juice and zest and has plenty of fresh and dried herbs. It only takes a few minutes to whip up so save your pre-made bottled salad dressing for another time.
Here’s what you need to make the easiest herb vinaigrette and I bet you probably already have most of these ingredients at home!
Red wine vinegar
Fresh lemon juice + zest
There is so much to love about this pasta salad- just look how fresh and vibrant it is! There is so much flavor loaded in this (healthy) dish everyone will love it! It is perfect for ANY occasion you can imagine. Not only is this hearty vegetarian dish healthy..you can add just about any veggies that you want and it will still be outrageous.
OTHER VEGGIES & GOODIES TO ADD TO THIS VEGETABLE HERB PASTA SALAD
Feta Cheese crumbles
Cubed Mozzarella cheese
CAN I ADD PROTEIN TO THIS SALAD? YES! HERE ARE THE BEST OPTIONS
Red kidney beans
White cannellini beans
Hard boiled egg pieces
We met up with her and her husband and 3 adorable kids and had a picnic a few weeks ago at our favorite park. All of us had sandwiches (gluten) and all so I wanted to be sure she was able to enjoy some good food as well so this gluten-free pasta salad was invented.
Just about any time we go to a BBQ, 99% of the time I bring a pasta salad. They make a perfect side dish or appetizer. They are all simple and take hardly no time to make. My most popular pasta salad is this Classic Italian Pasta Salad is made with my favorite Italian pre-made dressing so it even takes a little less time to prepare. Also it has a ton if Italian meats such as salami, enough said!
Another quick and tasty pasta salad is this Spinach Artichoke Tortellini Salad– you can pre-make or buy the spinach dip ahead of time and it will still taste SO good.
This Mediterranean Pasta Salad is also a favorite and has a Mediterranean twist to it. It’s light and refreshing and made with pinwheel pasta for extra fun!
If you love tacos, this Taco Pasta Salad is for you! Loaded with taco flavors and is simple to make.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram!
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Vegetable Herb Pasta Salad
- 1 box 12 ounces gluten-free pasta I used fusili
- 1 large English cucumber leave the skin on
- 2 large bell peppers (any color) seeds removed and sliced
- 10 ounces about 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 large red onion thinly sliced
Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice about 2 lemons
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. fresh garlic minced
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. fresh chives finely chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh dill finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Boil the pasta in a large pot of salted water. Cook according to the box instructions or al dente.
- While the pasta is boiling, prepare your salad dressing. Whisk together all of the ingredients in a medium bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Drain the pasta in a strainer and rinse under cold water until you don't feel any heat. I like to coat my cooked pasta with a drizzle of olive oil to keep it from sticking together. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add all vegetables to the pasta salad and pour the salad dressing over the salad. Toss all of the ingredients together until everything is coated evening. Season with extra salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately or you can make this the day before.