Last Updated on December 17, 2020 by Kathryn Donangelo
This Antipasto Salad is loaded with Italian meats, cheeses, and veggies then drizzled with a light and zesty vinaigrette dressing!
Well this salad was sure fun to make. This light and hearty Antipasto Salad can be served as a main meal or makes a very wholesome side. Either way, it will be sure to please!
You can top this salad with any of your Italian favorites! Other great additions would be mortadella, capocollo, pepperoni, roasted bell peppers, beans, marinated eggplant, and olives.
If you love antipasto, you’ll want to check out my Antipasto Wreath! Perfect for the holidays or any time you want to be a gorgeous antipasto appetizer.
This salad is so fun to eat because there are so many different flavors in every bite. Adding my favorite meats like salami and prosciutto to this salad is the best way to enjoy them! Besides with a glass of wine of course..
You also may be wondering- what is antipasto or antipasti? It is traditionally the first course of an Italian meal. Or you can call it an appetizer. I am guilty of almost always having salami in our fridge at home.
Antipasto does not include pasta because pasta is usually apart of the second or third course. The basics are cured meats, cheeses, pickled vegetables, olives and anchovies. There is no right or wrong way to serve it. It is all delicious!
What’s not to love about this salad? One of the most enjoyable ways to serve this Antipasto Salad is of course with an Italian meal or pasta dish. This will be your new Sunday go-to!
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
- 6 cups of mixed green lettuce
- 1/4 cup fresh fennel; sliced
- 1/2 cup cucumbers; sliced and halved
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes; halved
- 1/2 cup marinated mozzarella balls; halved
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts; halved
- 1/2 cup salami; chopped
- 6 sliced of prosciutto; cut in half then rolled up
- Italian vinaigrette dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. fresh garlic; minced
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the vinaigrette, place all of the ingredients in a jar and shake until well combined. Set in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Place your lettuce in a serving dish. Arrange all of the toppings accordingly on top of the lettuce. When ready to serve, drizzle with Italian vinaigrette.