Last Updated on
Garden fresh tomatoes, creamy mozzarella cheese and salty prosciutto makes this salad a winner! This tomato prosciutto caprese is acceptable all year round!
This recipe is so darn simple. It literally only requires a few simple ingredients. As I mentioned in my Melon Caprese Salad recipe, my Dad has a garden in Los Banos so we get to enjoy fresh produce seasonally. These heirloom tomatoes are perfect for this salad because they are so juicy and filled with so much flavor! This Tomato Prosciutto Caprese is also a feast for your eyes because it almost is too pretty to eat.
You can enjoy this tomato prosciutto caprese as a light dinner, snack, and even appetizer depending on what you’re in the mood for. You just can never go wrong with a refreshing tomato caprese salad and topping it off with light and slightly salty prosciutto..perfection.
If you are a vegetarian, this recipe is still delicious, just leave out the prosciutto!
Ways to serve this salad:
- Just the way it is or for a party- everyone will love this app!
- Over pasta for a light lunch or dinner
- With crusty warm bread as an appetizer
If you have been looking for a quick (like less than 10 minutes to put together quick) you found the right recipe. This is also low carb and has plenty of health benefits. This vibrant and gorgeous salad is truly acceptable any time of the year. Although these heirloom tomatoes are seasonal, you can certainly use regular tomatoes as well.
Tomato Prosciutto Caprese
- 3 medium heirloom tomato sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 5-8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2-1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Layer the tomato slices, mozzarella cheese, basil and a piece of prosciutto in a large serving dish. I placed them in that order in a Dominio effect. Drizzle with olive oil, vinegar, salt an pepper. SO easy!