Last Updated on
These Carne Asada Street Tacos are bursting with flavor and has everything you want in a street taco! Everyone will love this recipe and it’s easy to make!
This post is sponsored by CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
These make these Carne Asada Street Tacos for Taco Tuesday, your next party, or meal for any night of the week! You also don’t need a grill or BBQ to make this recipe. I wrapped my tacos in these low-carb and healthy CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Tortillas! You can find these in the freezer or refrigerator aisle at your local grocery store. The tortillas are available in Original and Grain Free and are always vegan and dairy-free.
See link here to get $2 off your CAULIFLOWER Cauliflower Tortillas!
WHY I LOVE THESE CAULIFLOWER TORTILLAS
- Cauliflower is the first ingredient in these tortillas so no need to worry about any filler ingredients
- They are naturally gluten, wheat, and preservative free- this makes it so easy to eat clean in 2020!
- The tortillas are ready in minutes by simply microwaving or heating in a skillet
- They are so delicious and is a great way to get more veggies in your diet!
I’m so glad that I finally established this delicious Carne Asada Street Taco recipe! I love carne asada, especially when they are served street taco style. This easy recipe is so simple and the best part is you can make these right in your kitchen! There isn’t an outdoor grill or BBQ required for this.
You can also eat this carne asada just as it is or add it to the top of a salad for the best taco salad!
Some of my favorite recipes to serve with these street tacos is 1) my favorite and by far the Best Guacamole recipe I’ve made. 2) This Spicy Cowboy Caviar Dip that you can simply add to the tacos or eat it as a dip or side dish.
Although Carne Asada technically means “grilled meat”, this recipe still tastes just as good even though it is made in a skillet on the stove and not a BBQ or outdoor grill! I use a hot skillet to make this in and it comes out just as delicious. Often times, many people get intimated cooking with beef but I encourage you not to be because it’s just as simple as making any other recipe! Promise!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THESE CARNE ASADA STREET TACOS
- Top Sirloin
- Canola oil
- White onion
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVERS
If you have leftover carne asada, place it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for lunch or dinner. It can be stored for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the leftover meat for up to 3 months and just defrost and reheat in the microwave or stove when ready to eat.
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Carne Asada Street Tacos
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 white onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 lb. Top Sirloin; cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 3 limes
- 1 jalapeno sliced, optional
To make the Carne Asada
- Heat a large skillet on high medium high heat. Add canola oil, onions, and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent, stirring often.
- Add beef and season with salt, pepper, ground cumin and the juice of 1 lime. Stir until the beef has browned about 5-7 minutes. All of the juice and flavors will soak up into the meat. Remove from heat and set aside.
To make the Cauliflower Tortillas
- Remove frozen tortilla from pouch and place frozen tortilla in center of skillet on HIGH heat. Cook for 30-45 seconds and flip the tortilla and cook for another 30-45 seconds. Cook until desired crispness is reached and remove tortilla carefully with tongs. Repeat until you have 8 tortillas.
To make the tacos
- Add a couple spoonfuls of the carne asada to a cauliflower tortilla. Add a sprinkle of diced white onions, about 1 tablespoon of cilantro and a squeeze of lime.