As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
These Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins are wholesome, flavor-packed, and make the perfect addition to your mornings or snack!
These healthy Blueberry Breakfast Oatmeal Muffins are everything you want in a muffin! They are sweet (but not too sweet), moist, and packed with healthy ingredients. I used Greek yogurt in this recipe to make it ultra moist and cake-like.
I love how you can enjoy these muffins as a snack, breakfast, or dessert if you wish! There is brown sugar in these muffins to give them a slight hint of sweetness and I added honey to make it naturally sweet.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THESE BLUEBERRY OATMEAL BREAKFAST MUFFINS
- Brown sugar
- Greek yogurt; vanilla flavored
- Canola oil
- Vanilla extract
- Whole wheat flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Fresh blueberries
OTHER VARIATIONS TO USE IN THESE MUFFINS
- You can definitely swap out the blueberries in this recipe for chocolate chips. Some other fruit options are raspberries, chopped apples, or cherries would work well.
WHY YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE HEALTHY BLUEBERRY OATMEAL BREAKFAST MUFFINS!
- There is so much goodness in them! How can you go wrong with a muffin that is so delicious and nutrient packed.
- Some health benefits these muffins include are fiber, protein, zinc, iron, antioxidants and more.
- You can make and bake these muffins in less than 45 minutes.
- They make your day easier by enjoying them on the go!
The blueberries truly make this muffin rating 5 stars. Not only do you get blueberries in every bite, they are also packed with antioxidants and is a power-food. Basically, the more you eat these muffins, the better!
I love eating a nutritious filled breakfast first thing in the morning. It doesn’t have to be a full on meal because who has time for that? It can be as simple and small as these healthy blueberry oatmeal breakfast muffins! I try to benefit my body in every way that I can so why not start first thing in the morning?
HOW TO STORE AND FREEZE THESE MUFFINS:
You can store these muffins in an airtight container on the kitchen counter for 1-2 days. After that time you will need to freeze them or place them in the refrigerator as they have a lot of moisture in them.
To refrigerate: place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 1 week
To freeze: place in an air tight container and freeze for up to 3 months. You can also stack them as well! To thaw, simply remove muffins desired and thaw on a plate or small container for 1-2 hours. You can also microwave on low for 1 minute.
LOOKING FOR OTHER HEALTHY BREAKFAST IDEAS?
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal
- Skinny Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Apple Cinnamon Oat Bread
- Lemon Poppyseed Yogurt Bread
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vanilla flavored Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine oats and hot water in a medium bowl and let sit for 10-15 minutes while you prepare the rest of the batter.
- In a large bowl, whisk honey, brown sugar, yogurt, oil, egg and vanilla together until smooth. Add the baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Mix in the oatmeal until combined.
- Fold in the flour and fresh blueberries a few times until they are mixed in the batter and evenly distributed. Do NOT over mix.
- Lightly grease a muffin pan and fill 12 muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Enjoy!