As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
“This post has been sponsored by Gallo Salame, Inc. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”
Antipasto Skewers are the perfect appetizer for any occasion! Colorful, delicious and take minutes to make! Made with classic antipasto ingredients found at your local Safeway and will be a new favorite go-to recipe all year long!
These easy, delicious and beautiful Antipasto Skewers make the best appetizer that everyone will love. Loaded with so much flavor, color, and they are totally customizable. This is seriously the easiest Antipasto Skewer recipe out there!
Antipasto Skewers are so easy to make, you won’t believe how quick these take to put together. Perfect to serve up during the holidays, BBQs, potlucks, parties, you name it…these will be a great idea.
Each skewer is delicately layered with a cherry tomato, tortellini, Gallo Salame® Deli Thin Sliced Dry Salami, a fresh basil leaf, black olive, fresh mozzarella ball and Gallo Salame® Deli Sliced Pepperoni.
Gallo Salame Brand salami and pepperoni are the star ingredients in these skewers, made with traditional Italian herbs and spices that have been passed down through many generations. You can’t make these skewers without them because they bring so much flavor and quality.
Gallo Salame Brand has a deli fresh flavor that comes from being slowly cured to perfection. I also love how budget friendly Gallo Salame Products are so they won’t hurt your wallet! They are priced just right.
- Gallo Salame® Deli Thin Sliced Dry Salami and Gallo Salame® Deli Sliced Pepperoni: both can be purchased at your local Safeway grocery store.
- Cheese tortellini: you could use any flavor. You could also use mini ravioli if you prefer.
- Cherry tomatoes: adds color and a pop of flavor.
- Baby mozzarella balls: plain or marinated flavored.
- Black olives: kalamata, green or a combination of your favorite olives will work. Be sure they are pit-less.
- Fresh basil leaves: this brings so much freshness to the skewers.
HOW TO MAKE ANTIPASTO SKEWERS
STEP ONE: Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water immediately, then pat dry with paper towel.
STEP TWO: To assemble, lay out all of your ingredients. Thread each skewer with each ingredient. You can thread in any order you prefer. I find threading each skewer with a folded pepperoni, mozzarella ball, olive, folded basil leaf, folded salame, tortellini, and then cherry tomato is the most visually appealing.
STEP THREE: Enjoy as is or drizzle Italian dressing, balsamic vinegar reduction, or pesto on top or on the side!
I love using the Safeway mobile app to help me shop and save a few dollars! Shopping at Safeway makes it easy, convenient and so helpful when grocery shopping for my family. We love how they always have everything we need.
Be sure to check out the Safeway mobile app on ways you could save!
There are so many different ways you can customize these Antipasto Skewers to satisfy everyone’s eating needs and preference! They are always best cold and they will undoubtedly go very quickly the second you serve them.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to these Antipasto Skewers
- For longer skewers use a 12 inch skewer instead of the 6 inch skewer. You’ll get 10 skewers instead of 20. Double the recipe if you want 20 longer skewers.
- Sub mozzarella cheese for cubed cheddar, jack, or mozzarella if you prefer your cheese to be on the hard/firmer side.
- If you don’t like basil, use fresh spinach or lettuce instead.
- Other ingredients to add: artichoke hearts, bread cubes, mini ravioli (instead of tortellini), pepperoncinis, and roasted bell peppers.
- Make these Antipasto Skewers into a wreath during Christmas by forming them in a circular wreath shape on a round plate.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH ANTIPASTO SKEWERS
Drizzle a balsamic vinegar reduction or glaze on top or serve with a side of pesto or Italian dressing. These little skewers are delicious whichever way you decide to serve them.
THESE ANTIPASTO SKEWERS ARE
- The best appetizer to celebrate any occasion! Bring these to a picnic, holiday gathering, birthday party, bbqs, pot lucks, or any time you’re craving a quick and satisfying snack or lunch.
- A simple no-cook lunch or can be a light dinner. You can make as many or as few as you want.
- Full of flavors and textures. There are so many delicious bites on one stick that’s loaded with favorite antipasto ingredients.
- Easy, quick and take hardly any time at all to whip up (cooking the tortellini is the longest part—5 minutes).
- Gorgeous and eye-catching! No wonder why these skewers will go quick, besides the fact they are delicious. All the ingredients are about the same size which makes these look amazing for presentation.
Place the skewers on a platter and wrap tightly with plastic wrap or store skewers in an air-tight container. Store for up to 1-2 days or before the basil wilts or turns brown.
MAKING ANTIPASTO SKEWERS IN ADVANCE
Antipasto Skewers can be made up to 1 day in advance. Be sure to store them in the refrigerator. Do not put any dressing or pesto on them until ready to serve.
LOOKING FOR OTHER EASY APPETIZER RECIPES? TRY THESE!
- Bacon Spinach Salad
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks
- Italian Roasted Bell Peppers
- Antipasto Christmas Wreath
- Candy Cane Caprese
- Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos
- Avocado Greek Salad
- Clam Dip
- Italian Pinwheels
- Antipasto Salad
- Caprese Salad
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
- 20 wood 6 inch skewers
- 1 package cheese tortellini
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 20 leaves fresh basil
- 20 black olives
- 20 pieces Gallo Salame® Deli Sliced Italian Dry Salami Lunch Meat
- 20 pieces Gallo Salame® Deli Sliced Pepperoni Lunch Meat
- 20 baby mozzarella balls
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water immediately after tortellini is cooked, then pat dry with a paper towel.
- To assemble, thread each skewer with ingredients. You can thread in any order you prefer. I find threading each skewer with a folded pepperoni, mozzarella ball, olive, folded basil leaf, folded salame, tortellini, and then cherry tomato is the most visually appealing.
- Enjoy as it or drizzle Italian dressing, balsamic vinegar, or pesto on top or on the side!