Last Updated on January 9, 2020 by Kathryn Donangelo
Start your morning off right with these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies! They are healthy, sweet, and has bits of chocolate in each bite!
I am a total cookie girl so cookies for breakfast are always okay by me, especially these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies! Overripe bananas don’t get the appreciation they deserve. They are so versatile it’s hard to go wrong with a cookie for breakfast. These also make a great snack or even dessert when you get a sweet craving (try them warmed with peanut butter spread on top, you’re welcome).
These cookies are sweet and chewy and packed with healthy wholesome ingredients. Since overripe bananas tend to be naturally sweet, there is very little sugar in this recipe. The only sweeteners I used was pure maple syrup, honey and a pinch of brown sugar!
It is also a really great feeling to know these cookies are healthy and nutrient packed. Make sure to not let your overripe bananas go to waste again! If you are not in the mood for chocolate, swap the chocolate chips for dried cranberries or cherries! These will make these cookies extra chewy and extra fiber-packed!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THESE OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAKFAST COOKIES
- Ripe bananas
- Maple syrup
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Rolled oats
- Nuts of your choice
- Chia seeds
- Mini chocolate chips
- Baked Gingerbread Oatmeal Cups
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Bliss Bites
- Healthy Oatmeal Pistachio Cookies
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal
- Apple Cinnamon Oat Bread
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies
- 2 large ripe bananas or 3 small ripe bananas
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 ½ cups of rolled oats
- ¼ cup chopped nuts; I used a variety of roasted lightly salted nuts
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash the bananas with a fork until it looks like a banana puree. Stir in the honey, maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla extract, egg, baking powder and baking soda until well combined. Fold in the oats, nuts, chia seeds, flour and chocolate chips. The “dough” will be slightly thinner than a typical cookie dough.
- With a spoon or mini ice-cream scooper, scoop cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips to your cookie and lightly flatten with your hand (the cookies will not spread too much). Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!