Last Updated on
These healthy cookies are filled with bits of cranberries, pistachios, love and joy! They are so good you can even have one for breakfast and not feel guilty!
These Healthy Oatmeal Cranberry Pistachio cookies can be eaten for breakfast and it’s totally okay! How awesome is that? Pack these in your kids’ lunch boxes, take them to work, or pack them as a snack. These remind me of a granola bar because you can eat them any time of the day and packed with wholesome ingredients to keep you feeling fueled.
I love Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and when I make them I usually add chopped almonds. This time, I ditched the raisins and added dried cranberries and instead of almonds, I added pistachios. The combination of crunchy nut and chewy fruit are perfect!
I know cookies aren’t exactly referred to be a “healthy” treat or snack. BUT these Healthy Oatmeal Cranberry Pistachio Cookies are! These are great for breakfast and a pick-me up afternoon snack when you have a sweet tooth (like me). I usually get my sweet cravings at night so I eat these for dessert!
WHY ARE THESE COOKIES GOOD FOR YOU?
These bites of joy have oats, whole wheat flour, antioxidants, fiber, and the best part all the nutrients from pistachios!
Pistachios are known as the The Fit Nut. They are loaded with protein and fiber, and are considered a smart snack. These pistachios are deliciously fulfilling and has the ‘good fat’ that our bodies need. Did you know…The green and red-purple hues in pistachios come from antioxidants. So treat yourself to nutritious pistachios. These nuts are full of nutrients and minerals and are good for your overall health!
These cookies will appear to be a little under-cooked when you first take them out of the oven but I promise, they will bake for a little longer once they get taken out of the oven. I prefer my Oatmeal cookies to be on the soft and chewy side. They are even chewier with the bits of dried cranberries and then don’t forget about the crunchy pistachio pieces!
LOOKING FOR OTHER COOKIE RECIPES? CHECK THESE OUT!
- Soft and Buttery Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Sprinkle Pudding Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Healthy Cranberry Pistachio Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter; softened
- 1/4 cup natural sugar of your choice
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of Wonderful Pistachios; unshelled
- 1//3 cup of dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, honey, and maple syrup for 2-3 minutes, until smooth and creamy. Add egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the pistachios and dried cranberries and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Scoop the dough into two tablespoon balls or scoop with a mini ice cream scoop and place a couple inches apart on the baking sheets. Lightly press down on the dough balls to flatten just slightly. Bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges of the cookies are done and the center is still slightly underdone. Do not over bake, as they will finish cooking on the baking sheet. Place the baking sheets on wire racks and allow the cookies to cool completely.