Last Updated on
This Healthy Pomegranate Apple Cobbler is made with a sweet apple and pomegranate filling and topped with a buttery oat streusel topping!
“I received free samples of POM Wonderful mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by POM Wonderful and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
I love this Healthy Pomegranate Apple Cobbler because it’s delicious, nutritious, wholesome and packed with antioxidants and fiber. This is a great way to get your fruit and fiber fix! The combination of apples, pomegranates, ginger, oats and
FUN FACTS ABOUT POM WONDERFUL POMEGRANATE JUICE
- POM Wonderful 100% Juice is powered by antioxidants. The pomegranate is whole-pressed, meaning a unique blend of polyphenol antioxidants from two whole pomegranates – including its fruit, pith and rind – is found in each 8 oz bottle.
- Research that includes POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice uses 8 oz per day in its studies on muscle strength recovery, memory and cognition, microbiome, and more.
- POM Wonderful 100% Juice is a good source of potassium. Each 8 oz bottle contains as much as a medium banana.
Not all desserts should get a bad reputation. If you are trying to cut back on your sugar intake and increase your daily fruit intake, this is a perfect dessert for you. Another amazing reason to make this dessert is is does not have any added sugars and it is made with whole wheat flour.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS HEALTHY POMEGRANATE APPLE COBBLER
- Pomegranate juice
- Corn starch
- Baking powder
- Whole wheat flour
When I think about pomegranates I think of antioxidants. I also think about how they are one of the funnest foods to eat. Maybe that’s just me?! But what other food do you get to crack open to get the seeds out, then when you eat them the juice pops in your mouth. I wouldn’t suggest trying to eat these bits when you are in a rush because it just won’t work.
It’s recommended to have 8 ounces of pomegranate juice per day to get your daily intake of antioxidants so incorporating POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice is a great start! Take a dive into the New Year with this healthy dessert that you should eat more of!
LOOKING FOR OTHER FRESH FRUIT INSPIRED RECIPES? TRY THESE!
- Honey Poppyseed Fruit Salad
- Creamy Pomegranate Power Smoothie
- Fresh Fruit Salsa
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Healthy Pomegranate Apple Cobbler
- 1 cup of POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 5 Granny Smith Apples; peeled and sliced
- 1 cup of honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- 2 Tbsp. low-fat milk
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup butter; melted
- 1/4 cup sugar-free applesauce
- 1 egg; lightly beaten
- Frozen Vanilla Yogurt and Pomegranate Seeds; optional for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring the POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice to a boil for about 10-15 minutes until the juice reduces. It should reduce to about 3/4-1/2 cup.
- In the meantime, slice the apples and place them in a large mixing bowl. Pour the honey,1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1/4 cup oats over the apples. Stir with a wooden spoon until the apples are coated. Pour the reduced POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice in the bowl and fold in with the apples.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and cornstarch until combined. There should be minimal lumps. Pour into the apple bowl and continue to stir until all the ingredients are combined.
- For the topping: In a small bowl, stir melted butter, flour, baking powder, 1/4 cup oats, 1/2 cup honey, and applesauce until a light dough forms. It will be slightly sticky.
- Spoon the dough on the top of the apples and spread out with the spoon. This does not have to be perfect and you do not have to cover all of the apples with dough. Brush the top of the cobbler with an egg.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the cobbler is golden brown. Scoop frozen yogurt or ice cream on top and sprinkle with fresh pomegranate seeds!