As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Muffin Mix Pancakes make an easy, delicious and quick breakfast that takes minutes to make. Made with only 4 ingredients and can be made with your favorite muffin mix flavor! Who knew pancakes could be made from muffin mix?!
muffin mix pancakes
I love these Muffin Mix Pancakes because they are the easiest pancakes to make with only 4 ingredients and perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunching. The whole family will be sure to love these fluffy pancakes because they can be made with any favorite muffin flavor. I love breakfast shortcuts because our days can get so busy and this may be my new favorite hack!
Serve up these Muffin Pancakes the next time you host a breakfast or brunch and everyone will love them. I love serving them with my Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, fresh Fruit Salad, Egg White Bites, and Smoked Salmon Flatbread for the ultimate spread. You could also prep these pancakes to make for a quick weekday morning breakfast- ideal for busy school mornings.
My favorite way to enjoy these delicious pancakes is by stacking them tall (or make a short stack) and adding butter and warm maple syrup on top with some fresh berries.
Other easy pancake recipes to try to is my Oatmeal Pancakes, Baked Pancakes, and Silver Dollar Pancakes.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Muffin mix: Use your favorite packet of muffin mix! I love the blueberry muffins mix from Jiffy or Betty Crocker Muffin Mix. Other muffin flavors to use are banana nut, triple berry, chocolate chip, and cinnamon sugar.
- Egg: One large egg will help bind the ingredients together.
- Vanilla extract: Adds more flavor.
- Milk: Use regular milk or low-fat milk. Almond milk could also be used for a dairy-free option.
how to make pancakes with muffin mix
Prep griddle and make batter: Preheat a pan, skillet, or griddle to medium heat. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredient until combined. Do not over-mix, there will be a large lumps in the batter.
Make pancakes: Grease the hot griddle with nonstick cooking spray or butter and pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle. Allow the pancakes to cook for about 2 minutes or until you notice bubbles forming in the batter. Flip the pancakes carefully with a spatula and allow them cook for about 1-2 minutes more or until they are light golden brown. Repeat until you are out of batter and be sure to liberally grease the grilled after every batch.
Cool and enjoy: Transfer the pancakes to a cooling rack or platter and cover with foil. Top pancakes with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
recipe tips & variations
- Protein Pancakes: Add protein by adding a scoop or two of vanilla or plain flavored protein powder.
- Make gluten-free pancakes: Use a gluten-free muffin mix.
- Make mini pancakes: If you want to make a lot of pancakes, add 2 tablespoons of pancake batter to the griddle. These are the perfect size for kids!
- Add spice: Depending on your muffin mix flavor, add your favorite spices such as cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to add more flavor.
Favorite PANCAKE TOPPINGS IDEAS
I love adding butter and maple syrup to my pancakes but these can be totally customized to your favorites! Some of my other favorite toppings are:
- Chocolate chips
- Fresh berries
- Chopped nuts
- Peanut butter
- Sliced bananas
- Sprinkles (this would be fun for a birthday or celebratory breakfast!)
- Whipped cream
leftovers & storage
How to store leftover pancakes? Store pancakes in an airtight container, on a plate covered with plastic wrap or you can put them in a zip-lock bag for up to 4-5 days. Warm them in a microwave or toaster oven.
How to freeze pancakes? Store cooled pancakes in an airtight container or you can put them in a freezer bag. Freeze for up to 1 month. Place frozen pancake in the oven or toaster oven to warm.
More Easy Breakfast RECIPES
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join thousands of subscribers & get
easy recipes via email for FREE!
Want to be Featured?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out…
Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Easy, simple, and delicious recipes anyone can make. Click the button below so you don’t miss any recipes!
Muffin Mix Pancakes
- 1 7 ounce box muffin mix I used Jiffy
- 1 whole large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat a pan or griddle to medium heat. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredient until combined. Do not over-mix, there will be a few lumps in the batter.
- Grease the griddle with nonstick cooking spray or butter and pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle. Allow the pancakes to cook for about 2 minutes or until you notice bubbles forming in the batter. Flip the pancakes carefully with a spatula and allow them cook for about 1-2 minutes more. Repeat until you are out of batter and be sure to liberally grease the grilled after every batch.
- Transfer the pancakes to a cooling rack or platter and cover with foil. Top pancakes with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!