Last Updated on
Looking for a healthy side dish that goes with just about any dish? Try these Herb-Roasted Sweet Potatoes! They are perfectly roasted and coated in herbs.
I am so happy I finally had a chance to post this recipe because it is perfect in so many ways! It’s healthy, quick, delicious and compliments almost any main dish.
I feel like I have been neglecting my food blog that I love so much! These last few weeks have been especially busy for me because I recently opened a customized cookie shop on Etsy called Simply Frosted Cookies! One cookie order led to the next one and the next one and so on..it is a fun occasional hobby that I enjoy. I also really love my food blog so I will keep on blogging and creating healthy recipes for you all, I promise! 🙂
Anyways back to these herb-roasted sweet potatoes! They are perfectly crispy on the outside and soft in the inside. The herbs that coat these sweet potatoes compliment the natural sweetness so well. I personally have always loved sweet potatoes and their amazing health benefits. Just to name a few they are loaded with vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, fiber and potassium. This side dish is delicious and nutritious!
These Herb-Roasted Sweet Potatoes are coated in garlic, rosemary, thyme, parsley and parmesan cheese. This is the ultimate combination together. My favorite part is the sprinkle of parmesan cheese and parsley, it just makes it! I can eat potatoes every night and love them cooked in any way. There are so many ways to cook them and roasted is one of my favorites. Another favorite is mashed and I love my healthier Creamy Mashed Cauliflower Potatoes version! You won’t even believe they are healthy for you..
Herb-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 3 sweet potatoes; cubed and peeled if desired
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic; chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley; chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cubed sweet potatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, and 2 Tbsp. of parsley, and cheese. Mix until all of the potato cubes are evenly coated.
- Spread potatoes on to a lightly greased baking sheet. Roast for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Once removed from the oven top with more parsley and enjoy!