Last Updated on
These Zucchini Corn Fritters make a perfect side dish or appetizer! They are loaded with fresh summer corn and zucchini. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
These Zucchini Corn Fritters are light but yet so packed with flavor. This is a great way to get your veggies and you can top them with sour cream, salsa, or a squeeze of fresh lime (my favorite). You can enjoy these fritters any time of the year because zucchini and corn area always super easy to find in the grocery store- year round.
Zucchinis are so versatile and you can turn them into numerous dishes. If you want to add a spicy kick to the fritters add chopped jalapenos to the mix, or if you want it to be extra cheesy, add more cheese. Not only are these fritters delicious, they are super easy to make. If you can make pancakes, you could definitely make these!
Zucchini Corn Fritters
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups grated zucchini about 2 large zucchini
- 1 cup fresh sweet corn
- 1/2 cup yellow onion; chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or your favorite cheese
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour I used whole-wheat flour
- Chopped green onions for a garnish
- Sour cream and/or salsa optional
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, salt, pepper, dried herbs, and baking powder. Whisk until combined.
- Add the zucchini (see note below), corn, onions, and cheddar cheese and stir with a spatula to the egg mixture. Add the flour and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium-high heat, adding a very small amount of oil to the skillet/griddle. Using an ice cream scoop or 2 spoons, scoop about 1/4-cupfuls of batter onto the skillet and flatten, like you would if you were making pancakes…its the same process! With the back of the scoop into a circle about 4 inches in diameter. Cook on each side about 3-4 minutes, or until a deep golden brown. Remove from skillet and transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter.Top with green onions and your favorite toppings! Salsa, sour cream, jalapenos, fresh squeezed limes are excellent as toppings as well!
I love the fresh ingredients in these fritters and how simple they are to put together. You probably have most of these ingredients already too.
Ingredients you probably have already for this recipe: