As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
This Crock Pot Rosemary Lemon Whole Chicken is so juicy and flavorful, just like a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and falls off the bone!
I love any meal that comes out of my crock pot but this is by far my favorite! The best part and favorite part about this recipe is dinner is ready when you get home from work! I prepped the chicken minutes before I left for work and that is all the prep work I had to do. You literally set it and forget it….until you get home!
You can totally add more veggies to this Crock Pot Rosemary Lemon Whole Chicken recipe, I just happened to have carrots in the fridge. Potatoes would make a great addition to this recipe- next time I am adding them.
I added the broth for additional flavor to the chicken. Since it cooks for 9 hours, the chicken has plenty of time to soak up all the different flavors. The broth from the chicken is just perfect. The leftovers from this chicken made chicken soup. Speaking of leftovers, this chicken is great the next day for tacos or a chicken salad! You will get your money’s worth from this dish, I promise!
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Crock Pot Rosemary Lemon Whole Chicken
- 1 whole 6 lb. chicken
- 1 red or yellow onion; quartered
- 8 whole cloves of garlic; peeled
- 1 lemon; sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Christopher Ranch Crushed Garlic
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
- 4 springs of fresh rosemary
- 1 14.5 oz. can of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of baby carrots; optional
- Rinse the chicken with water and pat dry. Place chicken on a large cookie sheet to season and stuff.
- Stuff the onions, garlic, and a few lemon slices in the cavity of the chicken.
- Rub olive oil all over the whole chicken until it is evenly coated. With a spoon, add the crushed garlic and coat the top of the chicken
- Add all of the seasonings in a bowl to mix. Coat the whole chicken generously until it is evenly seasoned. Make sure to get under the wings and every crevice of the bird. Top the chicken with the remaining lemon slices and rosemary springs.
- Make two golfball sized aluminum foil balls and place at the bottom of the crock pot. Place the chicken on top and add the vegetable broth and carrots to the pot.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and set on low for 8-9 hours.