Last Updated on August 17, 2020 by Kathryn Donangelo
This 30 Minute Taco Soup is loaded with flavorful taco spices, beans, corn and simmered in a creamy broth. This recipe makes a quick weeknight dinner!
There is nothing better than a big ol’ bowl of comfort. What I love most about this delicious Taco Soup is this makes the easiest and tastiest dinner in 30 minutes! This soup is creamy and bursts with flavor that adults and kids will love it!
You can make this soup ahead of time and freeze it until you are ready to enjoy it. MOST of these ingredients can be found in your pantry or fridge so you don’t have to make a huge grocery store haul for this recipe!
You will especially love that this soup is a one-pot recipe so cleanup is extremely easy. I made this soup vegetarian but other great proteins I often add are ground turkey, ground beef, or ground chicken! I use two types of beans in this soup so there is plenty of protein to keep you feeling satisfied and full.
The heavy cream in this recipe makes this soup exceptionally creamy. You can omit the cream or use milk instead for a low-fat option.
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS TO ADD TO THIS RECIPE
- Jalapeños: a few slices of jalapeños to add to the top will add a spicy kick to this soup if you love spice!
- Shredded cheddar cheese: a few sprinkles of cheese makes any recipe better, am I right?
- Sour cream: add a dollop of sour cream on top of each serving to make this soup ultra creamy
- Additional protein: ground beef, ground chicken, ground turkey
- Tortilla chips: crush a few chips on top for some crunch or scoop dip the dips in the soup like a dip or chili!
- Other toppings that you could use are sliced avocados, chopped cilantro, pico de gallo
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS 30 MINUTE TACO SOUP
To make the soup
- Olive oil
- Yellow onion
- Bell pepper
- Diced canned tomatos
- Canned corn
- Black beans
- Pinto beans
- Green chiles
- Heavy cream
- Chicken broth
To make the taco seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Ground cumin
- Smoked paprika
- Chili powder
LOOKING FOR OTHER COMFORTING SOUP RECIPES? TRY THESE!
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
30 Minute Taco Soup
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic; crushed
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper (any color) chopped
- 1 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can of corn; drained
- 1 15 ounce can of pinto beans; drained
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans; drains
- 1 4 ounce can of green chiles
- 3 Tbsp. heavy cream or whole milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. salt
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion and bell pepper and cook 2-3 minutes until softened and onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes, corn, beans, green chilies and stir until combined. Season with taco seasonings and add heavy cream and chicken broth.
- Stir and let the soup simmer for about 15 minutes and allow the flavors to develop together. Serve into bowl and top with desired toppings such as sliced jalapenos, shredded cheese and a pink of black pepper.