Last Updated on April 13, 2020 by Kathryn Donangelo
This Chicken Zoodle Soup is healthy and delicious with very little time to make. This pot of chicken soup is so comforting and nourishing!
This extra cozy noodle-free Chicken Soup is so comforting and packed with so much flavor. I swapped out the traditional noodles and replaced them with healthy spiralized zucchini noodles AKA ZOODLES!
These zoodles are made 100% zucchini and that is all. If you haven’t purchased a spiralizer yet I highly recommend it. You can either attach it to your kitchen aid mixer if you have one, or use this easy hand spiralizer that I use often.
Not only is this Chicken Zoodle soup healthy for you..it comes in handy on cold Fall days when all you want is your cozy couch and a bowl of soup. It is also low-carb and packed with plenty of essential vitamins and nutrients. Make this soup one of your weeknight or weekend go-tos!
Making pots of soup is kind of my thing. I make a lot of soups.. like almost a pot of soup a week but it’s been so hot in Monterey these last few months I’ve cut back. Even though I can eat a bowl of hot soup any day, my husband not so much. This soup is one of my favorites because it tastes exactly like traditional chicken soup- just without noodles and has more veggies.
Like I said, this Chicken Noodle Soup is simple to make. The first step is sautéing your veggies until softened.
While the veggies are sautéing, you could start making the meatballs.
These mini baked chicken meatballs are so versatile! They can be made in advance and frozen to make it extra convenient. They are so good, and can be eaten as a meal itself if you would rather not put them in the soup. You can replace the chicken meat for turkey meat if you prefer!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THE MINI CHICKEN MEATBALLS
These baked chicken meatballs are really awesome.
One you add the chicken broth you let everything simmer until perfection. I like to add the meatballs into the broth so they can absorb some of the chicken broth.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS CHICKEN SOUP
This Chicken Zoodle Soup should be on your dinner list. Once all of your ingredients are in the pot and the broth starts to simmer, you can sit back and relax! I also like to add my zucchini noddles within the last few minutes of cooking because they can get soggy since they are made up of so much water. If you prefer soften zoodles, could them for a few minutes longer. You will also see them turn translucent after a few minutes.
This is an amazing way to get more vegetables into your diet and crazy busy schedules that we all seem to have. With the new year quickly approaching, eating more vegetables is on my list for 2020.
THIS CHICKEN ZOODLE SOUP IS:
- Fast and super easy! Meatballs and all, it will take you less than an hour to make it all.
- Healthy and rich in nutrients. This soup is perfect for cold and flu season!
- Low-carb and high in protein.
- Easy to freeze if you have leftovers or double the recipe.
LOOKING FOR OTHER HEALTHY AND EASY SOUPS?
- Green Detox Soup
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- Skinny Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Roasted Cabbage and Chicken Fall Soup
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Chicken Zoodle Soup
TO MAKE THE SOUP:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound 3 medium-sized zucchini, spiralized*
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley leaves finely chopped
- 1 cup water
TO MAKE THE CHICKEN MEATBALLS:
- 1 lb. ground chicken OR turkey meat
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil; to make these moist
- 1 Tbsp. parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
TO MAKE THE CHICKEN SOUP
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the garlic, onions, carrots and celery. Stir occasionally until veggies are softened.
- Season the vegetables with thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the chicken stock and water. Add the meatballs and stir. Cover the pot with a lid and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini zoodles and reduce heat. Cook the zoodles until tender, about 3-5 minutes, or until zoodles are soft as you desire. Add parsley and serve the soup immediately.
TO MAKE THE CHICKEN MEATBALLS
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and a little cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl until combined.
- Roll the mixture into about 20 small balls. Place on baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.