Last Updated on January 30, 2023 by Kathryn Donangelo
These Valentine’s Day Oreos make the cutest treat on Valentine’s Day! Oreo cookies are decorated into adorable ladybug Love Bugs and made with only 4 ingredients!
PIN these Oreo Love Bugs to try later!
Valentine’s Day Oreos
If you’re looking for the perfect sweet to make for your loved ones, these Love Bug Oreos are it! Shaped like cute little ladybugs and made with Oreo cookies, chocolate, Valentine’s sprinkles, and candy eyes, that’s it!
Valentine’s Day is all about the pink and red treats, am I right? And love too! Not only are these treats easy and delicious but they are so ADORABLE. Kids and adults will fall in love with them.
If you love Oreo desserts, be sure to try my Oreo Truffles, Mini Oreo Cheesecake Bites, and Oreo Cookies.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Kid-Friendly: Kids will love helping assemble these Oreo Love Bugs. They can make these from start to finish or help add sprinkles or the eyes.
Valentine’s Day treat: These are the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day parties, classroom parties, school lunch box treats, gifts for loved ones, or any occasion you want to spread some love!
No bake treat: No need to turn on the oven and spend tons of time in the kitchen preparing these homemade treats. These are quick and can be prepped the day ahead if you need to make these for school events.
Portable: Place treats in an airtight container or festive Valentine’s Day platter wrapped with plastic wrap and these can travel anywhere.
Easy recipe: You only need 4 simple ingredients to make these love bugs and they are quick to assemble.
- Oreos: I love using the double stuf Oreos so the Love Bugs are thicker but regular Oreos will work just fine.
- Melting chocolate: You can use either red candy melts, white almond bark, white chocolate chips, or any type of melting candy. If you are using white colored, be sure to add red food gel to the chocolate.
- Edible eyes: You can usually find these at your local grocery store, if not you can use mini milk chocolate chips.
- Sprinkles: Use festive Valentine’s Day themed red and pink sprinkles or small candy hearts.
How To Make Valentine’s Day Oreos
Melt chocolate: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, wax paper, or aluminum foil. In a microwave-safe bowl, add candy melts and microwave until smooth and melted in 30 second increments. If using white candy melts, add red food coloring to get desired red color.
Dip cookies in chocolate and decorate: Dip each Oreo a little more than half way in the melted chocolate and gently tap on the sides of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate. Transfer to prepared baking pan. Immediately add sprinkles (otherwise they will harden. Dab the back of each set of edible eyes with melted chocolate and place on cookies. Dipping a toothpick in the melted chocolate works well.
Repeat, let set, and enjoy: Repeat until all of the Oreo cookies are decorated. Let the cookies set in out at room temperature for at least 20 minutes or refrigerator for at least 10 minutes or until hardened. Enjoy!
Oreos: I used the double-stuffed Oreos because they are thicker but any type of Oreo cookie will work. You could also use any kind of chocolate sandwich cookies.
Eyes: If you can’t find edible eyes at your local grocery store, chocolate chips or M&Ms would work great.
Flavored chocolate: Add a drop of peppermint extract, butter extract, almond extract, or vanilla extract to the melted chocolate for more flavor.
Add lady bug spots: Dab on melted milk or dark chocolate to form dots on the chocolate coated Oreos.
Valentine’s Day Oreo pops: Insert a candy stick into the bottom of the Oreos to make these into lollipops.
Leftovers & Storage
Leftovers: Any leftovers can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week. You could also place them carefully in a large ziplock bag.
Freeze: Freeze for up 3 months in an airtight container. Simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Other Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Heart Shaped Brownies
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies (heart shaped)
- Red Velvet Truffles
- Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
- Heart Shaped Cherry Pies
- Strawberry Brownies
Can’t Get Enough
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on social media: Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out and leave a star rating in the recipe card! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Valentine’s Day Oreos
- 24 Oreo cookies Or any round chocolate sandwich cookie
- 1 bag red or white candy melts If using white, add red food gel
- 48 edible eyes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. In a microwavable safe bowl, add candy melts and microwave until smooth and melted in 30 second increments. If using white candy melts, add red food coloring to get desired red color.
- Dip each Oreo a little more than half way in the melted chocolate and gently tap on the sides of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate. Transfer to prepared baking pan. Immediately add sprinkles (otherwise they will harden. Dab the back of each set of edible eyes with melted chocolate and place on cookies. Dipping a toothpick in the melted chocolate works well.
- Repeat until all of the Oreo cookies are decorated. Let the cookies set in out at room temperature for at least 20 minutes or refrigerator for at least 10 minutes or until hardened. Enjoy!
These are so cute and looks really easy to make. Saving this to make for our upcoming Valentine’s day party.
Great idea for Valentines day! The Oreos look so fun going to make these!!
Dana Sandonato says
These are SO CUTE. I was trying to come up with something easy to send to my kiddos school and this will be it. The kids will LOVE them!
These are the cutest Valentine’s Day cookies EVER!! I already love Oreos and these are next level LOL. Thanks for sharing!
Aww, those are so cute! These are such a fantastic treat for the holiday!