As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
This Strawberry Brownies recipe is made with only 3 ingredients and makes a fun treat for Valentine’s day or anytime you’re craving a strawberry dessert. Both brownie and strawberry lovers will love this sweet treat!
Strawberry Brownies Recipe
If you love brownies and are a strawberry lover, this is your dream dessert. Strawberry flavored brownies are made with only 3 ingredients and couldn’t be any easier to make.
These bright and decadent dessert is moist, chewy, and soft in the center with a perfect fudgy texture. Packed with lots of strawberry flavor and is perfect for Valentine’s Day, parties, lunch boxes, after school treats, showers, or any time you’re craving a strawberry dessert.
You can add your favorites to the top of the brownies and serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, fresh sliced strawberries, or leave them plain.
- Box of strawberry cake mix: The key ingredient. You can use any cake mix brand that you love. Betty Crocker, Pillsbury and Duncan Hines are all great cake mix options. If you change the flavor of cake mix, it will change the flavor of the brownies completely.
- Salted or unsalted butter: Melted butter will give these brownies a buttery flavor and help bind the batter together. Alternatively, you could use vegetable oil or any other neutral flavored oil.
- Large eggs: Room temperature eggs are always best.
- Toppings of choice: Use can leave these plain just as they are or top with canned or homemade frosting or a light icing. See full list below for other topping and add-in ideas.
How To Make Strawberry Brownies Recipe
Prepare baking pan: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Mix ingredients together: In a large mixing bowl, mix strawberry cake mix, eggs, and melted butter. Beat together with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer until combined. You could stir this by hand but the batter will be extremely thick.
Bake: Pour the strawberry brownie batter into the prepared baking dish and evenly spread out with a spoon. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is set. Let brownies cool for a few minutes before lifting the parchment paper ends out. Drizzle or pour glaze, icing or frosting on top (optional) and cut into 16 brownies. Enjoy!
- Don’t over-bake: Be sure not to over-bake these bars. They will harden just a bit when you take them out of the oven so it’s ok if they seem soft. Taking them out when they are still soft will create gooey strawberry brownies.
- Chill before cutting: I recommend placing these cookie bars in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before cutting into bars to set. It will be easier and cleaner to cut into squares.
- Heart shaped brownies: Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to make Valentine’s Day hearts once the brownies are baked and cooled. Kids will love helping you do this!
- Use a mixer: I highly recommend using an electric mixer or stand mixer to mix the batter together as it will be thick, like really thick (almost like a paste).
Variations, Add-Ins & Toppings
- Sprinkles: Add Valentine’s Day themed sprinkles if you are wanting a festive Valentine’s Day treat. Rainbow sprinkles are perfect for a birthday or celebration or if you want to add some more color.
- Add chocolate: Add white chocolate chips in the batter and/or sprinkled on top of the batter or frosting. You could also use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Frosting or icing: A vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry glaze are great options to pour or drizzle on top of cooled brownies. You could also use canned or homemade frosting for a sweeter flavor.
- Powdered sugar
- Freeze-dried strawberries
- Fresh strawberries: Since strawberries have a high water content, make sure to pat the sliced or diced strawberries down with a paper towel. Add them to the batter or top of brownies.
- Strawberry jam
- Cream cheese
- Strawberry extract: If you want to intensify the brownies with even more strawberry flavor, add 1 teaspoon of extract to the icing or batter.
Why This Recipe Works
- Easy recipe: Made with only 3 ingredients and is easier to make than a cake or cookies.
- Portable: Bring these sweet treats anywhere by easily placing treats in an airtight container or ziplock bag. Pack them up for Valentine’s Day parties, baby showers, lunch box treats, special occasions, or bring them to work.
- Festive treat: Bake this pink treat for Valentine’s day and add some festive pink and red sprinkles for the ultimate love day dessert.
- Fudgy brownies: These strawberry filled brownies are everything you dream about in a brownie, they are soft, fudgey, chewy, and buttery.
Leftovers & Storage
Storing leftover brownies is super easy! Simply place the leftovers in an airtight container or cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap. Store for up to 5 days.
Can You Freeze Brownies?
You can freeze unfrosted Strawberry Brownies in a tightly wrapped or sealed container. You can also place unfrosted brownies in a heavy duty ziplock and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight, then add frosting (optional).
Other Cake Mix Recipes
Other Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Homemade Brownies
- Heart Cut-out Sugar Cookies
- Valentine’s Day Oreos
- Red Velvet Truffles
- Brownie Mix Cookies
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join thousands of subscribers & get
easy recipes via email for FREE!
Want to be Featured?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out…
Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Easy, simple, and delicious recipes anyone can make. Click the button below so you don’t miss any recipes!
Strawberry Brownies Recipe
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1/3 cup salted butter melted and cooled
- frosting or drizzled melted white chocolate optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, and melted butter. Beat together with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer until combined. You could stir this by hand but the batter will be extremely thick.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and evenly spread out with a spoon. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is set. Let brownies cool for a few minutes before lifting the parchment paper ends out. Top with icing, frosting, or powdered sugar (optional) and cut into 16 brownies. Enjoy!