Last Updated on February 25, 2021 by Kathryn Donangelo
Oven baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries are lightly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, and full of delicious flavor in every bite. This easy recipe is even gluten-free and keto-friendly for a healthy, tasty side dish or snack you can enjoy anytime!
These crispy, crunchy and tender Parmesan Zucchini Fries are seriously as delicious to enjoy as they are easy to prepare. They are ready in just 30 minutes, and require only simple and healthy ingredients that happen to be gluten-free and keto-friendly!
Homemade Parmesan Zucchini Fries include lots of spices and a cheese coating, with no breadcrumbs needed! They are baked in the oven for a crunchy fried taste, but are much healthier – and way less messy! – than deep frying.
Enjoy oven “fried” zucchini with your favorite dipping sauces as a yummy snack or side dish!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE PARMESAN ZUCCHINI FRIES
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Dried thyme
- Onion powder
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Chopped fresh parsley
HOW TO MAKE PARMESAN ZUCCHINI FRIES
- First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Wash, dry, and slice the zucchini into 1 inch-thick logs. In a Ziplock bag or bowl, evenly coat the zucchini pieces in oil.
- Next, in a shallow dish or bowl, combine the parmesan cheese, herbs, and seasonings. Working just a few at a time, add the oil-coated zucchini pieces to the dish or bowl.
- Then roll each piece of zucchini in the cheese and seasoning mixture, so that all sides are coated.
Place the zucchini on the prepared baking sheet, and sprinkle a bit with any remaining parmesan cheese mixture.
Bake for 15 minutes. Use a spatula to flip them over, and then BROIL for another 3-4 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Homemade Parmesan Zucchini Fries will keep well for up to 5 days! Transfer cooled leftovers to an airtight container, and keep in the fridge.
I recommend reheating them in the oven on a wire rack for the crispiest, yummiest leftovers!
Parmesan Zucchini Fries are great to prepare ahead of time and keep in the freezer until ready to enjoy! Follow the recipe below up to step #4, then flash freeze the zucchini fries on a baking sheet for 1 hour.
Transfer to a Ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Then just follow the remainder of the recipe when you’re ready to bake and serve!
WHAT TO SERVE THESE ZUCCHINI PARMESAN FRIES WITH
Gluten-free and keto-friendly Parmesan Zucchini Fries are terrific to pair with any number of creamy and savory dips! Serve them as an appetizer or party snack along with your favorite keto and GF ranch dressing, Blue Cheese Dip, or Roasted Garlic Hummus.
Enjoy healthy and hearty Parmesan Zucchini Fries as a side dish as part of a complete dinner! They are super delicious alongside Crock Pot Rosemary Lemon Whole Chicken or a simple Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies meal.
LOOKING FOR OTHER HEALTHY, DELICIOUS SNACK AND SIDE DISH RECIPES?
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms (Healthy)
- Zucchini Corn Fritters
- Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- The BEST Homemade Guacamole
- Broccoli Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Baked Turkey Zucchini Meatballs
- Cheesy Broccoli Bites
- Hummus Bruschetta Bites
- Light Veggie and Herb Spinach Dip
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Healthy Baked Zucchini Fries
- 1 1/2 lbs. zucchini; cut lengthwise into wedges (about 4 medium-large zucchini)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp. fresh parsley; chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish or bowl, combine the parmesan cheese, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Place the zucchini wedges in a large ziplock bag or large bowl and evenly coat with olive oil.
- Roll each zucchini in wedge in the parmesan herb mixture to coat all sides. Place the coated zucchini onto the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with any leftover parmesan herb mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip the zucchini fries and BROIL for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy fries with ranch dressing, ketchup or just as they are!
- Homemade Parmesan Zucchini Fries will keep well for up to 5 days! Transfer cooled leftovers to an airtight container, and keep in the fridge.
- I recommend reheating them in the oven on a wire rack for the crispiest, yummiest leftovers!