As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
A Hocus Pocus Charcuterie Board makes a fun and festive snack for Halloween parties or movie night! This snack board is loaded with cheeses, salami, fruits, and sweet treats to look like the famous Sanderson Sisters. This board is magical since it’s just a bunch of Hocus Pocus! 😉
Hocus Pocus Charcuterie Board
Inspired by the popular Disney movie, and my all time favorite Halloween movie.. Hocus Pocus! A Hocus Pocus themed Charcuterie Board is sure to be loved by all. Who wouldn’t love this adorably themed cheese board for a friends get together, girls night, Hocus Pocus movie night or party? If you’re wanting to get into the Halloween spirit, what better way to do it than this!?
If you have no idea what this means and haven’t watched Hocus Pocus yet, you need to watch the movie as soon as possible! Then you’ll understand who these iconic and beloved witches are and why they are so popular.
You can get as creative as you wish with this Hocus Pocus themed snack board and customize it exactly how you want it. I just love using Halloween themed candies to make it extra fun and festive but that is optional.
Halloween is such a fun holiday because you can get so creative with different appetizers, desserts, and more. Other fun Halloween-themed menu items to add to your next party are my Mummy Hot Dogs, Ghost Brownies, and Witch Hat Cupcakes.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
What you’ll need
- Brie cheese wheels
- Sliced cheese of choice
- Green grape
- Small oranges or mandarin orange wedges
- Black olives
- Twizzlers or red licorice
- Crackers or chips of choice
- Cookie cutter for cheese shapes (optional) I used bats and broomsticks
- Fillers: Use your favorite snacks, crackers, and chips.
how to make Hocus Pocus Charcuterie Board
Place the brie rounds onto a large serving tray or board.
Make faces: Take your twizzlers and pull them apart and cut them accordingly to form the lips on each brie wheel. Slice black olives to create the eyes and place on the brie.
Make hair: Use popcorn to create Sarah’s blonde hair. Take toothpicks and pepperoni rolls to create Winifred’s hair. Roll up individual pepperoni slices and slide a toothpick through the bottom to hold the roll in place. Continue adding rolled pepperoni onto the toothpick until it is full. Secure the toothpick into the brie wheel. Repeat the process until you have the hair shape you desire. Place blackberries onto the board to shape Mary’s black hair.
Make the dresses: Arrange raspberries to make Sarah’s red dress. Add your green grapes to make Winifred’s green dress. Arrange orange slices to make Mary’s orange dress.
Make cheese broomsticks: Cut out bat and broomstick shapes in the cheese slices with your cookie cutters.
Fill space and serve: Place chips and cheese and any leftover ingredients around your cheese board to fill the entire board. Refrigerate until ready to serve or serve immediately.Enjoy!
recipe tips & Variations
- I don’t recommend making this cheeseboard ahead of time because the crackers could end up getting stale in the refrigerator.
- Make this board extra spooky: Add spooky snacks such as ghost chips, candy eyes, Monster cookies, and witch hat cookies. The more the merrier!
- I always recommend leaving the brie wheels out for at least 30 minutes before assembling the charcuterie board, this will help the brie get soft and creamy.
- Mary’s hair: Instead of using blackberries, black olives, chocolate covered almonds, or black licorice wheels make a great option.
- Sarah’s hair: Instead of using popcorn, white veggie straws, cubed white cheddar cheese, peeled sliced apples, cut string cheese, or regular potato chips make great options.
- Winifreds hair: Instead of pepperoni, strawberries, Italian dry salami rolls, red bell peppers, pomegranate seeds, red grapes, prosciutto, raspberries, or red licorice wheels could be used.
- Additional add-ins: Olives, fresh fruit, Halloween Oreos or Halloween themed sugar cookies, pretzel sticks, tortilla chips, carrot sticks, celery sticks, nuts, Halloween candies, Halloween pumpkins, candy eyeballs, and chocolate. The sky is the limit on what you can add. Customize it to what you and your guests love 🙂
Leftovers & storage
Store leftovers by placing all the cheeses in separate ziplock baggies or airtight containers. You want to be sure store all of the components separately so it stays fresh. Be sure to place the cheese, meat, and fruit in the refrigerator. The crackers, popcorn, pretzels and candies can be left at room temperature.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join thousands of subscribers & get
easy recipes via email for FREE!
Want to be Featured?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out…
Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Easy, simple, and delicious recipes anyone can make. Click the button below so you don’t miss any recipes!
Hocus Pocus Charcuterie Board
- 3 brie cheese wheels
- sliced cheese of choice
- green grapes
- small oranges or mandarin orange wedges
- black olives
- Twizzlers pull and peel licorice
- crackers, chips, cookies, and candies of choice
- Place the brie cheese wheels onto a large serving tray or board.
To make the faces
- Take your twizzlers and pull them apart and cut them accordingly to form the lips on each brie wheel. Slice black olives to create the eyes and place on the brie.
To make the hair
- Use popcorn to create Sarah’s hair. Take toothpicks and pepperoni rolls to create Winifred’s hair. Roll up individual pepperoni slices and slide a toothpick through the bottom to hold the roll in place. Continue adding rolled pepperoni onto the toothpick until it is full. Secure the toothpick into the brie wheel. Repeat the process until you have the hair shape you desire. Place blackberries onto the board to shape Mary’s hair.
To make the dresses
- Arrange raspberries to make Sarah’s dress. Add your green grapes to make Winifred’s dress. Arrange orange slices to make Mary’s dress.
Make cheese broomsticks
- Cut out bat and broomstick shapes in the cheese slices with your cookie cutters (you could use any of your favorite Halloween themed cookie cutters).
Fill space and serve
- Place chips and cheese and any leftover ingredients around your cheese board to fill in any gaps. Refrigerate until ready to serve or serve immediately. Enjoy!!