Last Updated on January 9, 2020 by Kathryn Donangelo
This Fresh Fruit Salsa is fresh, light and made with fresh fruit! Bring this to your next summer party or potluck and it will be a fun and sweet hit!
I decided to whip up this quick sweet treat when I had too much leftover fruit! Do you always over buy too much fruit at the store like I do? I always buy too much fruit at the grocery store and almost always end up throwing some away or it starts to rot by the time I get to it. I had a carton of strawberries left over from Easter so I was thinking of making a jam out of it, but I also found an apple and a couple kiwis that were extra ripe. Instead of tossing it all, this fruit salsa seemed like an even better plan.
The best thing about this fresh fruit salsa recipe is you can add any fruit that you have laying around in your fridge! All kinds of fruit can be added to this recipe! Since I was using fruit that was already ripe, I didn’t need to sweeten it too much because it was already naturally sweet.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS FRESH FRUIT SALSA
- Fruit preserves
- Cinnamon sugar pita chips
I think cinnamon sugar pita chips make a great addition to this fresh fruit salsa! Some other great options are banana chips or cinnamon graham crackers. This light dessert is perfect for saving all of your over ripened fruit that you don’t want to throw away. It makes for a healthy sweet treat that is fun to eat.
LOOKING FOR OTHER FRESH FRUIT IDEAS? TRY THESE!
- Honey Poppyseed Fruit Salad
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Creamy Pomegranate Power Smoothie
- Yogurt Granola Fruit Cups
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Fresh Fruit Salsa
- 12 strawberries; diced
- 3 kiwis; peeled and diced
- 1 apple; peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. low-sugar fruit preserves I used strawberry
- Cinnamon-sugar Pita Chips
- Dice all fruit and place in a large bowl. Add honey and fruit preserve and mix until all fruit is evenly coated.
- Place in refrigerator and let sit for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with cinnamon-sugar pita chips for dipping and enjoy this sweet treat!