Last Updated on
These Mini Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna Cups taste just like lasagna but a mini version! They take minutes to make and everyone will be sure to love them!
Well these Mini Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna Cups may be the easiest dinner I have whipped up. I had leftover wonton wrappers from my Baked Crab Rangoon recipe so I used the leftover wrappers to make these little cuties! You can also enjoy these with meat such as ground beef or sausage! Just add it to the ricotta filling and you have yourself a nice wholesome meal.
Each wonton wrapper is placed in a cupcake tin and layered with a creamy ricotta spinach mixture…
Then topped with delicious marinara sauce..
And lastly, the be part…these bites get topped with mozzarella cheese! These bake to perfection and get topped with fresh basil! Enjoy these mini Lasagnas while they are warm and the cheese is gooey.
CAN I ADD MEAT TO THIS RECIPE?
Yes 100%, you can definitely add meat! Ground turkey, beef, or sausage would all be great additions to this Italian recipe and it would make it a bit more hearty if you are wanting more protein.
LOOKING FOR OTHER SIMPLE DINNER IDEAS?
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Mini Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna Cups
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 4 cups of fresh spinach about 1 bag
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1 cup of fresh marinara sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic; chopped
- 1 cup of shredded mozarella cheese
- 5 leaves of fresh sliced basil to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium sauce pan sautee spinach by adding olive oil, garlic, and spinach. Sautee until spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a cupcake pan, spray the bottoms with cooking spray, then add wrappers accordingly.
- In a medium bowl, mix in the cooked spinach and ricotta. Then add salt and pepper to taste. With teasoon, spoon in about 1 tablespoon of ricotta filling to the wrappers. Then top with about 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce, then sprinkle with mozarella cheese (about another tablespoon). Repeat until you are out of ingridients.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until cheese if completely melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with freshly sliced basil and enjoy these cuties! 🙂