As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Valentine Pretzels are made with only 3 ingredients and takes minutes to make. Mini pretzel twists are filled with melted chocolate and topped with a candy heart for a fun and festive treat!
Valentine Pretzels make perfect festive treats and are so easy to make. The best part is these are made with only 3 ingredients and you only need a few minutes to put assemble these candies. These are similar to “Pretzel Hugs” or “Pretzel Buttons” except these are heart shaped.
This is a sweet and salty treat with the combination of crunchy pretzels and sweet melted chocolate. I love wrapping these up in a cute cellophane bags for gifting, passing out for classroom treats, Valentine’s Day parties, and lunch box treats for the kiddos.
You can make these Valentine Pretzel Bites days in advance since they store a little bit longer than most treats. It’s always a good idea to have a stash of these at home because they are so cute and are the perfect dessert size.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Mini pretzel twists: These mini twists pretzels will make the perfect heart shape. The salty combination of the pretzel and chocolate is so delicious and makes an extra special treat.
- White chocolate: White candy melts or white chocolate chips could be used. If you use white chocolate chips, I highly recommend adding coconut oil to the bowl before microwaving so it melts smoothly.
- Valentine’s Day heart candy: I love using Conversation Hearts but you could use heart shaped chocolate or cinnamon hearts.
how to make valentine pretzels
Assemble pretzels: Place all of the pretzels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper.
Melt chocolate: Melt chocolate until smooth and place in a ziplock bag or squeeze bottles. Cut a very small corner of the baggy and fill in pretzels to form a heart shape. Alternatively, you could melt chocolate in a double boiler if desired.
Add candy to pretzels: Place a candy heart in the middle of the chocolate filled pretzels and repeat until all chocolates are filled. I like to fill 1/4 of the pretzels at a time so the chocolate doesn’t harden.
Chill and enjoy: Place pretzel candies in the refrigerator to harden for at least 15 minutes and enjoy!
recipe tips & variations
- Switch up the chocolate: I use white chocolate but you can use any color of candy melts, almond bark, milk chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, or dark chocolate.
- Add sprinkles: Add your favorite Valentine’s Day colorful sprinkles to make these extra pretty.
- Other candies to use: Valentine red and pink M&M candies, Rolo’s, Cinnamon Hearts, heart shaped sprinkles, and chocolate Hershey Kisses.
- Extra chocolatey: Use chocolate dipped pretzels instead of plain pretzels for more chocolate.
- Red or pink hearts: Use red or pink candy melts instead of white to make these hearts extra special.
- Pretzels: If you didn’t want to use mini pretzels to make hearts, you could also use pretzel rods or square pretzels instead.
leftovers & storage
To-store: Store Valentine Pretzels in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 weeks. I like to keep these in the refrigerator because I prefer cold candy but this is optional.
To-freeze: Freeze the candies in a freezer-safe bag for up to six months. Allow the candies to thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join thousands of subscribers & get
easy recipes via email for FREE!
Want to be Featured?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out…
Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Easy, simple, and delicious recipes anyone can make. Click the button below so you don’t miss any recipes!
- 45 mini pretzel twists
- 2 cups white candy melts
- 45 conversation candy hearts
- Place all of the pretzels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate until smooth and place in a ziplock bag or squeeze bottle. Cut a very small corner of the baggy and fill in pretzels to form a heart shape.
- Place a candy heart in the middle of the chocolate filled pretzels and repeat until all chocolates are filled. I like to fill 1/4 of the pretzels at a time so the chocolate doesn't harden.
- Place pretzel candies in the refrigerator to harden for at least 15 minutes and enjoy!