Last Updated on
These Thin Mint Cookie Muddy Buddies have a minty twist on the original muddy buddy recipe with pieces of delicious Thin Mint cookies!
Raise your hand if you are obsessed with Girl Scout cookies and eat way too many after you buy them.. that would be me! I am especially a huge fan of the Thin Mints and I like put them in the freezer or fridge to keep them cold.
It’s always so hard to say no to those sweet girls who are standing outside of the grocery store selling the cookies. Plus, you can only buy them during a certain time of year so I don’t really feel bad after-all for eating them!
I had two boxes of thin mints laying around my kitchen and I didn’t want these cookies going to waste, duh. Muddy Buddies have been a long-time favorite treat of mine. There are so many different ways to flavor them but nothing beats the original. This combination is a great way to use up your leftover cookies.
Be sure to let your Muddy Buddy Mix cool so the chocolate and coatings set. This will make it more crunchy!
Muddy Buddies + Thin Mints = a perfect combination
LOOKING FOR OTHER FUN DESSERT IDEAS?
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Thin Mint Muddy Buddies–St. Patty’s Day Edition
- Chocolate Thin Mint Flavor:
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 12 Thin Mint cookies finely crushed
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Green Pieces:
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or melts
- Green food dye to get them green optional (use gel only)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Extra Thin Mints; roughly chopped
- For the Chocolate Thin Mint Cereal pieces: Place cereal in a large gallon size bag and set aside. In a small microwave proof bowl, melt chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate over cereal in bag and gently stir with a spatula until coated, you can also shake the bag but I usually like to wait until my powdered sugar is added.
- Add finely crushed cookies and powdered sugar and shake.
- Pour covered cereal onto a cookie sheet and let cool.
- For the Green Cereal Pieces: Repeat steps 1-6. This time using white chocolate and add green coloring, about 5 drops of gel but use to your desire.
- Once both flavors are done, mix the two together and add sprinkle more Thin Mints on top for decoration!