Last Updated on August 29, 2022 by Kathryn Donangelo
“This post has been sponsored by Del Monte®, Land O’ Lakes, Inc. and McCormick®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”
Spiced Pineapple Bread Pudding makes a delicious and comforting dessert. You can enjoy this as a breakfast or dessert and everyone will love it. Easy to prepare, made with simple ingredients, and topped with a light pineapple icing.
SPICED PINEAPPLE BREAD PUDDING
This warm and cozy Spiced Pineapple Bread Pudding is perfect for the holidays or any time you’re craving a comforting dessert. Fluffy pieces of bread are coated in a cinnamon custard-like mixture with sweet pineapple chunks layered at the bottom, making it the most delightful combination!
I love how easy this delectable dessert comes together; it tastes like you’ve spent hours in the kitchen when in reality, this Bread Pudding only takes about 10 minutes! Even shopping at my local Safeway for these ingredients was a breeze!
Pineapple Bread Pudding is packed with flavor all thanks to McCormick® Ground Cinnamon, McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract, Land O Lakes® Salted Butter in Half-Sticks and Del Monte® Deluxe Gold® Pineapple Chunks. I purchased all the ingredients for this recipe at my local Safeway grocery store. I enjoy shopping at Safeway because they have everything I need and it’s always so convenient even when I’m in a rush!
The sweet pineapple chunks make this bread pudding extra special and add the perfect amount of sweetness. This dessert resembles a pineapple upside down cake and tastes like a bread pudding with a fruity twist.
The juicy Del Monte® Deluxe Gold® Pineapple chunks are extra sweet with no added sugar and naturally has twice the vitamin C. This sweet pineapple is the perfect addition to this bread pudding recipe! The warm flavors of the bread pudding pairs deliciously with the fruity pineapple flavors.
This bread pudding has a hint of spice that makes this dessert extra decadent. The spice and flavors come from“McCormick® Ground Cinnamon and McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract! McCormick has been around for over 130 years, and offers a vast array of herbs, spices, and seasonings that create memories in recipes and in the kitchen.
I love using the Land O Lakes® Butter in Half-Sticks especially for this bread pudding recipe because it’s the perfect size! These half-sticks are great for small-batch baking or cooking for two. Land O Lakes® Butter in Half-Sticks brings the pure and sweet cream taste in a pre-measured stick. I also love how the wrapped half-sticks keep the butter tasting fresher longer which is ideal for any recipe.
The fruity pineapple chunks give this bread pudding a sweet and fun surprise! You can also add the pineapple chunks on top of the bread pudding or add it to the bread mixture.
RECIPE TIPS AND VARIATIONS
This Pineapple Bread Pudding is delicious just as it is. If you’re looking to take it to the next level, check out these tips:
- Try an icing drizzle on top. You can also add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream with cinnamon.
- Any bread will work for this recipe. Some favorites to use are brioche bread, sliced wheat, sliced French bread and baguette. This is a great way to use up old bread because the bread will soak up the custard mixture and become moist again. Chopped nuts, raisins, shredded coconut and chocolate chips make a great addition to this bread pudding.
STORING LEFTOVER BREAD PUDDING
Store leftover bread pudding in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can freeze cooked bread pudding for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and place in the oven at 375 degrees to warm.
LOOKING FOR OTHER DELICIOUS DESSERT RECIPES? TRY THESE!
- Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- Cake Batter Sprinkle Cookies (made with cake mix)
- Caramel Apple Toffee Dip
- Toffee Chip Cookies (made in one bowl)
- Mini M&M Cookies
- Apple Pie Cheesecake Bites
- Easy Butterfinger® Ice Cream
- One Bowl Brownies
- Salted Caramel Pie
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Spiced Pineapple Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf sliced white bread; about 4 cups
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Salted Butter in Half Sticks melted
- 1 20 oz. can Del Monte® Deluxe Gold® Pineapple Chunks reserve 2 chunks for the icing
- 2 Tbsp. pineapple juice
Pineapple Spice Bread Pudding Icing
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. pineapple juice
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- dash McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 2 pieces Del Monte® Deluxe Gold® Pineapple Chunks chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or butter. Drain the Del Monte® Deluxe Gold® Pineapple Chunks and reserve 2 pineapple chunks for the icing. Place the remaining pineapple chunks on the bottom of the greased baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until combined. Whisk in sugars, McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract, McCormick® Ground Cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of the reserved pineapple juice.
- Melt 1 Half Stick (1/4 cup) Land O Lakes® Butter and add to the mixture. Once combined, gently stir in the bread cubes just until all of the cubes are coated. Add bread mixture to baking dish over top of pineapple chunks.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the center is set.
- Meanwhile, to make the Pineapple Icing, finely chop reserved pineapple chunks. Place in medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the remaining pineapple juice, powdered sugar, milk, and cinnamon. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over bread pudding or serve on the side.
- Store leftover bread pudding in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can freeze bread pudding for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and place in the oven at 375 degrees to warm.