Last Updated on
This moist gluten-free Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread tastes just like the classic but a much healthier version! Loaded with bananas and chocolate chips!
The first thing that always comes to mind when I see banana’s turn ripe is banana bread of course! That is when this Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread was invented. I experimented with almond flour because my Dad gave me a gallon size zip lock of it and I didn’t know what to do with it. Almond flour is gluten-free so it can be a little tricky when using it in recipes because it does not react the way regular flour does. It tends to bake in a more dense form and doesn’t rise much. It is great in banana bread because you can’t tell the difference and banana bread is usually a bit dense and moist.
This recipe is simple and easy! This makes for a great breakfast, dessert or snack– you can also bake these into cupcakes! They make the perfect grab-n-go.
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread
- 3 large ripe bananas; mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup walnuts; chopped
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- For the glaze:
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 Tbsp. almond milk
- 3-6 Tbsp. Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a loaf pan and set aside.
- Combine mashed bananas, eggs, vanilla extract and syrup. Mix together until combined. Then mix in almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking powder, walnuts and chocolate chips. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour banana bread mixture into loaf pan, use a spatula to scrape all of the batter from the bowl. Bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- For the glaze, melt butter in a microwavable mug. Whisk in almond milk and powdered sugar. The glaze will thicken depending on how much powdered sugar you add. If it gets too thick, add more almond milk. The glaze will thicken and thin quickly. Once banana bread is cooled, drizzle glaze on top. Let is set for about 15 minutes, slice bread then enjoy!