Last Updated on April 8, 2021 by Kathryn Donangelo
This is the Best Gluten-Free Banana Nut Bread recipe! Super moist, decadent and made with ripe bananas, walnuts and chocolate chips! This bread is cut into bars and topped with a light and delicate glaze.
PIN Best Gluten Free Banana Bread to try later!
This Gluten-Free Banana Bread is healthy, made with no added sugars and is completely gluten-free. The first thing that always comes to mind when bananas turn ripe is banana bread of course! That is when this Healthy Gluten-Free Banana Bread recipe was invented.
- Ripe bananas
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Almond flour
- Baking powder + baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Chocolate chips
- For the glaze: melted butter, almond milk, powdered sugar
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN-FREE BANANA BREAD
This Healthy Gluten-Free Banana Bread recipe is simple and easy! This makes for a great breakfast, dessert or snack– you can also bake these in muffin tins! They make the perfect grab-n-go.
WHAT GLUTEN FREE FLOUR IS BEST FOR BANANA BREAD?
Almond flour is gluten-free so it can be a little tricky when using it in recipes because it does not react the way regular flour does. It tends to bake in a more dense form and doesn’t rise much. It is great in banana bread because you can’t tell the difference and banana bread is usually a bit dense and moist.
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Best Gluten-Free Banana Bread
- 3 large ripe bananas; mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup walnuts; chopped plus extra to add to the top
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 Tbsp. regular milk or almond milk
- 6-9 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan and set aside.
- Combine mashed bananas, eggs, vanilla extract and syrup. Mix together until combined. Then mix in almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, walnuts and chocolate chips. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour banana bread mixture into 9 x 13 inch baking pan, use a spatula to scrape all of the batter from the bowl. Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- To make the glaze, melt butter in a microwavable bowl. Whisk in almond milk and powdered sugar. The glaze will thicken depending on how much powdered sugar you add. If it gets too thick, add more almond milk. The glaze will thicken and thin quickly. Once banana bread is cooled, drizzle glaze on top. Let is set for about 15 minutes, slice bread into bars and enjoy!