Last Updated on November 11, 2020 by Kathryn Donangelo
These garlic parmesan smashed potatoes are perfectly roasted and then topped with a buttery garlic parmesan mixture. They get baked until crispy and cheesy!
These cheesy, crispy roasted garlic parmesan potatoes are perfectly roasted then smashed and topped with garlic and parmesan cheese. The outside of the potato is crunchy, garlicy and crispy and the center of the potatoes are creamy and cooked to perfection.
The holidays came and left so quickly again and it’s hard to believe we’re almost half way through January. I feel like we’ve been so busy I haven’t even had a chance to think about any New Year’s resolutions quite yet but I do have some pretty amazing goals I’m setting and will try my best to reach them on this blog of mine. Creating delicious recipes like this and sharing them with you on the internet is one of the many reasons why I love doing this so much! So what I’m trying to get at..stay tuned for more delicious recipes in 2020!
This garlic parmesan butter mixture is everything. This butter mixture is the key to this recipe and smells divine when it all gets combined. Imagine the smell of garlic bread, but more buttery and cheesy!
Don’t be afraid to put too much of the butter mixture on your potatoes. There’s no such thing! Really, though. I could eat this mixture straight from the spoon it’s too good. I also like to use grated parmesan cheese instead of shredded because it makes it easier to spoon it on the potato.
So in a nutshell all you do is BOIL, SMASH, TOP, and BAKE to make these potatoes!
Look at those mouthwatering crispy bits of cheese on the potato! Everything will cook up perfectly in the oven like magic. Once you take them out you will be amazed on what you just created.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THESE GARLIC PARMESAN SMASHED POTATOES
- Baby red potatoes
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Salt + pepper
I especially love baby potatoes for this recipe because they are small, they cook well and has a sweet and nutty flavor. There isn’t a potato I don’t love that is for sure. You are certainly welcome to use Yukon Gold potatoes instead of the red potatoes. If you do, please be sure to increase your boiling time to 10 minutes as the potatoes are a bit larger. We cook the Yukon Gold potatoes often as they are my husband’s favorite! You just can’t go wrong with this recipe.
I love anything that is garlic-parmesan flavored like my Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts. I also love all things potatoes. Roasted potatoes, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, and especially these Broccoli Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes. These potatoes are essential for your next dinner.
There is something so comforting about potatoes and of course the combination of garlic and parmesan cheese. I’m not going to lie, I had too much fun smashing these potatoes. If you have children, make them do this part of the recipe. I can guarantee you- they will LOVE it.
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY SIDE DISHES? I’VE GOT YOU COVERED!
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Garlic Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs. baby red potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese; plus 2 extra Tbsp.
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- pinch salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. I add 1 teaspoon of salt to the water.
- Place the potatoes in the boiling water, cover and let cook until soft about 20-25 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked and softened, drain well and let cool for 5 minutes. Pat each potato until dry with a towel.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F. In the meantime melt the butter until completely melted in the microwave. With a spoon, stir the garlic, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix until combined and beware this will smell amazing!
- Arrange the potatoes on a lightly greased baking sheet. Lightly smash each potato with the bottom of a water glass or jar.
- Pour about one heaping tablespoon of the butter mixture to each potato. Drizzle any leftover butter mixture on top!
- Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes, then remove from heat and sprinkle each potato with more parmesan cheese. Broil for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is perfectly melted.
- Sprinkle the finished potatoes with parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!