As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
This Easy Tostada Recipe is vegetarian and layered with beans, lettuce, cheese, salsa, guacamole and jalapeños for the perfect lunch or dinner! Customize your tostadas by adding more veggies or protein on top. These can be made gluten-free or vegan and the different combinations of flavors you can add are endless!
These Crispy Baked Veggie Tostadas have a crispy tortilla bottom that is baked in the oven and then layered with classic tostada toppings! This makes a perfect lunch or dinner option if you are wanting something easy, delicious and wholesome. Assembled in just minutes once the crispy tortilla is baked!
Pile these tostadas sky high with your favorite toppings! This Easy Tostada Recipe is so satisfying and can be also be made vegan or gluten-free depending on your needs. I love how these healthy tostadas can come together in less than 30 minutes!
You can even make these in 10 minutes by buying the store-bought tostada shells instead of crisping them up yourself. This Easy Tostada Recipe couldn’t be any easier!
These easy tostadas require minimal prep and cleanup so you’ll want to make these any day!
CUSTOMIZE YOUR TOSTADAS
You can customize your tostadas by adding your favorite toppings, the possibilities are endless! Here are some additional toppings you can add that would be great additons.
- Protein: chicken, carne asada, pork, shrimp
- Extra beans: black, pinto, kidney
- Sour cream
- Pico de gallo
- Grilled vegetables
- Tortillas: use your favorite. I’ve used both corn and flour tortillas and they both work perfectly. You can always but the pre-made tostada shells too!
- Non-stick cooking spray: makes the tostadas crispy.
- Refried beans
- Lettuce: either romaine or Iceberg are good options.
- White onions: you could also use red or yellow onions depending on how mild or strong you like your onions.
- Shredded cheese: my favorite is cheddar but Jack cheese or a Mexican blend would also be delicious.
- Corn: fresh or canned.
- Jalapeños: use fresh or pickled depending on your preference and how much spice you want to add.
- Guacamole: this is my favorite part! Try my Homemade Guacamole recipe. It’s even better than Chipotle’s!
- Salsa: use your favorite red or green salsa. You can also add my homemade Pico de Gallo on top too!
- Cilantro: adds fresh flavor.
HOW TO MAKE TOSTADAS
BAKE TORTILLAS. Spray tortillas with non-stick cooking spray on both sides. Place the tortillas on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Flip and bake for another 5 minutes or until the tortillas are golden brown and crispy. Let cool for a few minutes.
COOK BEANS. Heat canned refried beans over the stove until warmed for a few minutes, or in the microwave. Stir until creamy and combined
ASSEMBLE. To assemble the tostadas, evenly spread about 1/4 cup of beans onto each tortilla, then top with lettuce, cheese, corn, onions, salsa, guacamole and jalapeños
THESE TOSTADAS ARE
- Simple, delicious and can be made in less than 30 minutes. You can make these in 10 minutes if you use store bought tostada shells!
- Layered with different elements from the creamy refried beans to crunchy lettuce and the chunky guacamole. Your taste buds are in for a treat!
- Easy to customize! You can stack your favorite protein on top to make these tostadas hearty and protein packed.
- Perfect for Taco Tuesdays! Add these to your menu along with my Taco Lettuce Wraps and my 30 Minute Cheesy Enchiladas.
LOOKING FOR OTHER MEXICAN INSPIRED RECIPES? TRY THESE!
- Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Homemade Pico de Gallo
- Baked Chicken and Cheese Taquitos
- Beef Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Shrimp Ceviche
- 30 Minute Cheese Enchiladas
- Baked Chicken Nachos
- Spicy Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas
- The Best Guacamole
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Tortillas are soft and made from a flour or corn base and used for a variety of different recipes. Tostadas have a light golden brown color and are crispy. Tostada shells can either be baked or fried and should resemble the same consistency of a tortilla chip.
Plain tostada shells without any toppings on top will last about a week when stored in a large ziplock bag (make sure to remove as much air as you can from the bag). Leave them on the counter or a dry area. They should remain crispy and crunchy. You can always reheat them in the oven for a few minutes to warm them
Easy Tostada Recipe
- 4 flour or corn tortillas
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 15 oz. can refried beans
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup diced white onions
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese; shredded
- 1/3 cup corn
- sliced jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray tortillas with non-stick cooking spray on both sides. Place the tortillas on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Flip and bake for another 5 minutes or until the tortillas are golden brown and crispy. Let cool for a few minutes.
- In the mean time, heat canned refried beans over the stove until warmed for a few minutes, or in the microwave. Stir until creamy and combined.
- To assemble the tostadas, evenly spread about 1/4 cup of beans onto each tortilla, then top with lettuce, cheese, corn, onions, salsa, guacamole and jalapeños.
- These toppings are all optional, please see blog notes for variations.