Last Updated on April 25, 2022 by Kathryn Donangelo
Easter Bunny Cupcakes are the cutest treats to make for Easter! Made with boxed caked mix, marshmallow sprinkle ears, frosting, and coconut. These cupcakes couldn’t be any easier to make and everyone will love them!
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
These adorable Easter Cupcakes are decorated to make bunny ears and are so simple. This may be the easiest Easter Cupcake recipe out there because you only need a few ingredients and decorating couldn’t be any easier. Kids can help decorate these bunnies and will have such a blast doing it.
Both kids and adults will fall in love with these cupcakes, how could they not?! These Easter Cupcakes are almost too cute to eat. I love Easter treats that are both delicious and cute– and this dessert is both.
Cupcakes: you can use a boxed cake mix or make your own from scratch. White cake mix works best for these bunny cupcakes.
Frosting: I just used canned frosting.
Coconut: this is optional if you want to give your bunnies more texture.
Marshmallows: this will be to make the ears. You’ll need jumbo marshmallows.
Pink sprinkles: you can use any pink sprinkles but I find the pink sanding sugar works best.
HOW TO MAKE AND DECORATE EASTER CUPCAKES
THIS EASTER CUPCAKE RECIPE IS
- SO cute and easy to make. Especially since you can use boxed cake mix and canned frosting.
- A fun treat for kids to make. They can easily decorate the baked cupcakes and will have so much fun.
- The cutest Easter dessert and make gorgeous table decor as well.
- Perfect for the dessert table, classroom parties, birthday parties, spring parties, and so much more.
RECIPE TIPS AND VARIATIONS
Most cupcake recipes yield 24, but I like to fill the cupcake liners almost to the top with batter to ensure the cupcakes can rise and get extra puffy on top. When I do this method, it usually yields about 18 cupcakes. You may need to add an additional minute or two to the baking time.
You can make your cupcakes any way you wish. It’s always easier to use box cake mix but cupcakes from scratch are always delicious. I like to use white cake mix to get a whiter look but yellow, confetti, and angel food cake will also work.
Add a cute bunny face. You can add a bunny face to these cupcakes by adding eyes and a nose. For the eyes, you can use edible eyes, jelly beans, black frosting, mini chocolate chips, or mini M&Ms. For the nose, you can use a mini marshmallow, jelly bean, frosting, or a regular size M&M.
Change up the cupcake liners. They have so many cute designs these days…use whatever color and style you want.
Instead of coconut, you can use white sprinkles if you prefer. You can also omit the coconut and leave the cupcakes plain and frosted.
Friday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Almond Scones from Palatable Pastime
- Blood Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Cookies from Eat Move Make
- Carrot Cake Poke Cake from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cinnamon Butterscotch Pear Chips from Blogghetti
- Coconut Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Mango Coulis from The Spiffy Cookie
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes from Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Easter Egg Macarons from Jen Around the World
- Easy Berry Semi Naked Cake from Red Cottage Chronicles
- Ginger Pear Turnovers from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Key Lime Icebox Cake from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Key Lime Pound Cake from Devour Dinner
- Key Lime Whoopie Pies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Lemon Lavender Fudge from That Recipe
- Mango Pear Crisp from Sweet Beginnings
- Meyer Lemon and Ginger Cookie Truffles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Meyer Lemon Posset from Shockingly Delicious
- Ombre Cakes from Art of Natural Living
- Stem Ginger Mango Cheesecake Parfait from Magical Ingredients
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
CAN’T GET ENOUGH
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Easter Bunny Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix; plus the ingredients needed
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 can vanilla or white frosting
- 24 jumbo marshmallows
- pink sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcake liners in 24 regular-size muffin cups. Prepare cupcakes according to box directions and bake. Let them cool completely for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the shredded coconut into a plate or shallow bowl. With a butter knife or angled spatula, frost cupcakes. Immediately swirl the frosted cupcakes into the shredded coconut right after it's frosted to ensure it sticks and the frosting won't dry out.
- Place the pink sanding sugar into a plate or shallow bowl. Use a knife or scissors to cut each jumbo marshmallow in half diagonally. Immediately dip the sticky side of the marshmallow into the sugar.
- Dab frosting on the bottom of each marshmallow ear and place two on each cupcake to make ears. Repeat until you've decorated all of the cupcakes. Enjoy!
- Leftovers: Place leftover cupcakes in an airtight container or wrap the dish or platter with plastic wrap. Store in a cool area for up to 5 days.
- Most cupcake recipes yield 24, but I like to fill the cupcake liners almost to the top with batter to ensure the cupcakes can rise and get extra puffy. When I do this method, it usually yields about 18 cupcakes. You may need to add an additional minute or two to the baking time.
- You can make your cupcakes any way you wish. It's always easier to use box cake mix but cupcakes from scratch are always delicious. I like to use white cake mix to get a whiter look but yellow, confetti, and angel food cake will also work.
- Add a cute bunny face. You can add a bunny face to these cupcakes by adding eyes and a nose. For the eyes, you can use edible eyes, jelly beans, black frosting, mini chocolate chips, or mini M&Ms. For the nose, you can use a mini marshmallow, jelly bean, frosting, or a M&M.
- Change up the cupcake liners. They have so many cute designs these days. Use whatever color and style you want.
- Instead of coconut, you can use white sprinkles if you prefer. You can also omit the coconut and leave the cupcakes plain and frosted.
Prize #1: A $100 gift card to Melissa’s Produce and a 3 month produce subscription.
One winner will receive a $100 gift card to buy the freshest produce around! Melissa’s has everything from common apples and oranges to exotic passion fruit and rambutans. The winner will also receive a stunning selection of the most delicious produce around once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s Produce, the produce is selected at their peak perfection and packed by hand to ensure a safe arrival. A $224 value.
Prize #2: A candy making kit from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the candy making novice or even the most advanced candy maker! Dixie Crystals is providing one winner with everything they need to make candy. The winner will receive a waterproof candy thermometer, silicone candy molds, and stainless steel double boiler. A $50 value.
Prize #3: A 5 piece Bakeware set from Anolon
Create dozens of bakeshop treats from gooey bar cookies to peanut butter and chocolate brownies to banana nut bread and more with all of the essentials in an expertly curated nonstick bakeware set. This bakeware is designed to stand up to the rigors of everyday baking with the convenience craved by creative bakers. This 5 piece baking set includes Two 9-Inch Round Cake Pans, a 9-Inch Square Cake Pan, a 14-Inch x 16-Inch Cookie Sheet, and a 11-Inch x 14-Inch Cooling Rack. A $65 value.
Prize #4: An assorted box of baking supplies from Sweets & Treats
Sweets & Treats will provide one winner with an assorted box of baking supplies including liners, sprinkles, toppers, and other fun baking supplies. Sweets & Treats has the best selection of cupcake liners, cupcake topper, paper straws, and molds.
Prize #5: A Selection of three extract pastes from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla.
Prize #6: A selection of three flavors of Gluten Free Grahams from Nairn’s.
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn’s Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams. Nairn’s has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products.
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Anolon, Sweets & Treats, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.