One of my favorite breakfast items is a bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese! Of course bagels aren’t my regular go to breakfast but these bites can really curb my lox + bagel craving! I made these for breakfast one morning and the leftovers turned in a snack.
These little bites are fun and light. They are perfect for any occasion! Hint hint- New Years Eve is tomorrow so if you are needing a quick appetizer idea this will be perfect!
You can create these roll ups to your liking, if you want more salmon- add more salmon! I used to not like dill but as my taste buds have evolved, dill is now one of my favorite herbs. For those who would prefer to omit the dill, I would recommend using an herb cream cheese or a chive and green onion cream cheese.
Smoked Salmon Roll Ups
- 1 8 oz. block of cream cheese; softened
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill; finely chopped
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 4-6 whole wheat tortillas
- 8 oz. smoked salmon I love the wild sockeye smoked salmon from Trader Joe's
- In a small bowl, stir together the softened cream cheese and chopped dill. Mix until well combined.
- On a flat surface or cutting board, lay a tortilla down and scoop a generous spoonful (about 2 tablespoons) of the cream cheese mixture. Spread cream cheese evenly with a spatula or butter knife leaving about 1/4 inch on around the edge.
- Add a line of smoked salmon in the center followed by a single layer of spinach leaves. Just as you would be making a burrito!
- Carefully and firmly, rolls the tortillas and set aside. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. I only used 4 tortillas because I wanted my roll ups to be generously filled with salmon. Place all of the rolled and filled tortillas in the refrigerator for 5 minutes. Slice with a serrated or very sharp knife. Cut into 1/2-1 inch pinwheels and serve immediately.