Last Updated on
“This is a sponsored post by Hormel Foods. All reviews and opinions expressed in this post are based on my personal view.”
Hormel Foods so graciously sent me samples of their All-Natural Baked Ham lunch meat and my first thought was to of course make a sandwich..Even better–a grilled cheese ham sandwich! It’s so simple, basic, and good! It’s semi-grilled because I wanted my cheese to be almost melted but not quite…the ham is a bit warm and the bread is toasted with a lite buttery crunch to it. I used Sargento colby-jack cheese because I love the way it melts to a creamy consistency. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
Semi-Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwich
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- 4 tsp butter
- 8 slices of Sargento Colby-Jack sliced cheese
- 8 slices of Hormel baked sliced ham
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat. Butter each slice of bread with one tsp of butter per slice. Place on frying pan and fold each slice of cheese in half. Place 2 of the halves of cheese on each slice of bread (there should be 2 slices of cheese per slice).
- Fold each ham slice in half and place on cheese. Let sit for about 1 minute then place one of the slices of bread with cheese on ham on the other (there should be 2 sandwiches). Flip to make sure the bread is not burning. Then press the sandwich with a spatula to ensure the ham and cheese are melting.
- Let sit for another 2 minutes just until the bread looks golden brown and toasted. The cheese will almost be melted. Remove from pan and slice in half. Enjoy this classic favorite!