Last Updated on
This semi-grilled ham & cheese sandwich is simply the best! Buttery toasted bread with melted cheese and baked ham make the perfect snack or lunch!
“This is a sponsored post by Hormel Foods. All reviews and opinions expressed in this post are based on my personal view.”
This Semi-Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandiwch is so simple, basic, and good! It’s semi-grilled because I wanted my cheese to be almost melted but not quite….the ham is a bit warm and the bread is toasted with a lite buttery crunch to it. I used Sargento colby-jack cheese because I love the way it melts to a creamy consistency. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
LOOKING FOR OTHER DELICIOUS LUNCH IDEAS?
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Semi-Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwich
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- 4 tsp butter
- 8 slices of Sargento Colby-Jack sliced cheese
- 8 slices of Hormel baked sliced ham
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat. Butter each slice of bread with one tsp of butter per slice. Place on frying pan and fold each slice of cheese in half. Place 2 of the halves of cheese on each slice of bread (there should be 2 slices of cheese per slice).
- Fold each ham slice in half and place on cheese. Let sit for about 1 minute then place one of the slices of bread with cheese on ham on the other (there should be 2 sandwiches). Flip to make sure the bread is not burning. Then press the sandwich with a spatula to ensure the ham and cheese are melting.
- Let sit for another 2 minutes just until the bread looks golden brown and toasted. The cheese will almost be melted. Remove from pan and slice in half. Enjoy this classic favorite!