Last Updated on February 18, 2022 by Kathryn Donangelo
This Cheesy Garlic Bread is made with fresh bread, a buttery garlic mixture, and lots of cheese. Crispy on the outside and soft and cheesy on the inside. Perfect to serve with any meal and the whole family will love this recipe.
Garlic Bread is always a good idea, especially when it’s covered in cheese. This may be the best Garlic Bread I’ve made and I think the cheese topping has a lot to do with that decision. Made with the perfect butter, garlic, and cheese ratio.
It doesn’t get any better than a fresh loaf of bread covered with melted garlicky butter, then sprinkled with lots of cheese. You can quickly whip this up in less than 20 minutes from start to finish. This will be gone in minutes and it’s always best to serve this warm, when the cheese is melty and gooey.
I find that the melted garlic butter mixture used soaks into the bread much better than softened butter does. Creating a richer flavor- making this bread extra indulgent and delicious.
Whether you call this Garlic Cheese Bread or Cheesy Garlic Bread, everyone at your table will fall in love with this recipe. I always suggest doubling the recipe, especially if you are feeding a crowd.
Bread: fresh is best from the bakery department at the grocery store or your local bakery. Either a French baguette or sourdough works.
Butter: unsalted butter so the salt intake can be controlled. Most of the salt will come from the cheese.
Olive oil: extra virgin provides the best flavor.
Parsley: either fresh or dried for garnishing.
Garlic powder: adds the garlic flavor. You can also use fresh garlic too, see my notes in the recipe box.
Salt + pepper: for taste.
Parmesan cheese: freshly grated is best. Other hard cheeses you can use instead of or add is pecorino romano, asiago, and fontina. You can also use an Italian blend.
Mozzarella cheese: freshly grated melts the best.
HOW TO MAKE CHEESY GARLIC BREAD
Add more garlic. If you’re a garlic lover, add 2-4 cloves of fresh minced or finely chopped garlic to the butter mixture. This will make the bread loaded with garlic flavor and a little bit of texture.
Use more cheese: make this garlic bread extra cheesy by adding more cheese such as monterey jack, fresh mozzarella, asiago, fontina, pecorino romano, colby jack, provolone, or cheddar.
Serve warm: this Cheesy Garlic Bread recipe is always best when served fresh and warm out of the oven. You want to be sure the cheese is completely melted and gooey on top.
Leftovers: if you do have leftovers, reheat your garlic bread in the oven or an air fryer. Heat the bread just until warmed and the cheese is melted. I do not suggest warming in the microwave because the bread will become soggy and chewy.
Add more flavor. You can customize and get creative with the flavors of this garlic bread. Some flavor ideas to use are truffles, red chili flakes, dried or fresh herbs, pesto, or roasted garlic.
We love serving this comforting and cozy Cheesy Garlic Bread with Italian dishes, pastas, salads, and soups such as Chicken Alfredo, White Bean Soup, and Turkey Meatballs with marinara sauce. Use it to dunk, or pair as a side dish. This bread will truly upgrade any meal, or enjoy it just as it is OR any time you have a garlic bread craving.
Everyone needs a go-to Homemade Garlic Bread Recipe and you’ll be hooked on the first bite. It’s so easy to make, you’ll have this recipe memorized after the first time you make this.
It’s time again for another fun blog hop that’s been hosted by Michaela from An Affair From the Heart. This freaky Friday round is a winter edition where you’ll find plenty of hearty and delicious recipes to make this season.
This is how it works, each food blogger is assigned to another food blogger and we select a winter-themed recipe from their blog, recreate it, photograph it, try it, and then share it with you all!
This Cheesy Garlic Bread recipe originally comes from Angela at LeMoine Family Kitchen. Angela has always had a passion and love for cooking. She is also Italian like myself, and loves cooking for her family.
You will find many family-friendly recipes, Italian recipes, and even some healthy ones too like this Vegetarian Pot Pie Soup. Angela loves sharing her family recipes and creating new recipes with simple ingredients everyone will enjoy. Be sure to check out her blog!
LOOKING FOR OTHER EASY BREAD RECIPES? TRY THESE!
- Copycat Restaurant Breadsticks
- Sweet and Moist Cornbread
- Olive Bread
- Zucchini Cheese Bread
- Apple Cinnamon Bread
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 baguette sourdough or French bread
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the baguette in half lengthwise.
- In a mixing bowl, add melted butter, olive oil, garlic powder, parsley, salt, and pepper and stir until combined.
- Coat each half of bread generously with the butter mixture. Then sprinkle evenly with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden and the cheese has melted. Cut and enjoy!
Take a look at all of our 2022 Freaky Friday Winter Edition Recipes:
- An Affair from the Heart – Homemade German Chocolate Cake
- Aunt Bee’s Recipes – Cafe Rio Sweet Pork
- Devour Dinner – Sweetie Pie’s Mac and Cheese
- Family Around the Table – Easy Garlic Knots
- Feast + West – Guinness Chocolate Cake with Irish Buttercream
- Fresh April Flours – Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits
- The Fresh Cooky – Easy Mini King Cake Recipe with Crescent Rolls
- Hostess at Heart – Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies
- House of Nash Eats – Pizza Casserole
- Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog – Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Lemoine Family Kitchen – Breakfast Chorizo Enchilada Bake
- Life, Love & Good Food – Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- The Speckled Palate – Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Sue Bee Homemaker – Cornbread Tamale Pie
- Take Two Tapas – Whipped Feta Dip
- The Wimpy Vegetarian – Spinach Madeline