Last Updated on July 6, 2020 by Kathryn Donangelo
“This is a sponsored post by Fruit Bliss. All reviews and opinions expressed in this post are based on my personal view.”
Superfood Breakfast Bars aren’t just a quick and easy snack! They are packed with tons of nutritious ingredients you will love! They make a perfectly wholesome snack or breakfast!
I received a generous package of goodies from Fruit Bliss a few weeks ago and I was so amazed at their products. I specifically love their dried fruit because the only ingredient they add is water. The cherries are super tart and moist- just how I like them!
These bars are not overly sweet because they don’t have any added sugars which makes them even healthier. I love using honey or agave nectar when I’m baking with oats because they are such a perfect combination and it’s a great binder for the oats. You can add your favorite dried fruits and nuts to this recipe. Seeds would make a great addition to this recipe as well!
These Superfood Breakfast bars are sweet and tart from the dried cherries. Did you know cherries have a great amount of antioxidants in them?
A few health benefits from these Superfood Breakfast Bars are they have plenty of antioxidants, fiber, potassium, protein, and plenty of other vitamins and nutrients. They are also kid-friendly which makes these bars a great school snack or after-school snack. The kids will never know how healthy they really are 😉
Looking for other easy and nutritious breakfast or snack ideas? Try these!
Superfood Breakfast Bars
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or any other dried fruit
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 cup almonds or walnuts or a combo of both! chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 large banana mashed
- 3 Tbsp. melted coconut oil (or canola oil)
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 3 Tbsp. almond milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the oats, oat flour, dried cherries, chia seeds, almonds (or walnuts), ground cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the egg, mashed banana, coconut oil, honey, agave nectar, and almond milk. Mix until all ingredients are combined. The consistency will be doughy- if it doesn't bind add more oat flour.
- Spray a 9x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add the mixture to the pan and spread with a spatula until even.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the bars look slightly golden. Let them cool and cut into 9 bars.