Last Updated on April 27, 2022 by Kathryn Donangelo
This Sausage and Vegetable Skillet makes the easiest and tastiest dinner! Fresh vegetables are cooked in a skillet with meaty pieces of sausage!
I love a hearty dinner that take less than 30 minutes to whip up! This Sausage and Vegetable Skillet is made with Aidells® Apple Chicken Links and fresh vegetables, such as bell peppers, onions and zucchini. This combination is my favorite and is a perfect way to get in more veggies!
This Sausage and Vegetable Skillet requires a few simple steps that only requires a skillet or frying pan. I personally love using skillets because I love the heat retention and the way it browns the sausage. A skillet is also oven-friendly if you want to warm the skillet!
WHY I LOVE USING AIDELLS® APPLE CHICKEN LINKS
I found Aidells® Apple Chicken Links at my local Safeway. I love shopping at Safeway because they always have everything I need and they make my shopping experience so easy. These Apple Chicken Links can be easily found in the meat section. Some of the reasons why I love using Aidells Sausage is:
- They are made with real ingredients
- Made with high-quality meats and ingredients that are all natural, have no nitrates, and their chicken is raised without added hormones.
- They are convenient and easy to prepare.
- I love all of their flavor combinations. Some other smoked sausage flavors are Artichoke & Garlic, Portobello and Swiss cheese, Spinach and Feta, and so much more!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS SAUSAGE AND VEGETABLE SKILLET?
You can enjoy this recipe just as it is, if you want a low-carb meal, since it is totally satisfying enough. Another low-carb option is cauliflower rice! I like to serve this dish with either rice, quinoa, roasted potatoes or pasta. All are perfect options depending on what you are in the mood for!
If you love extra spice, I recommend adding some red chili flakes or hot sauce.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS SAUSAGE AND VEGETABLE SKILLET
- Aidells® Apple Chicken Links: check out Aidells® website to view other flavors that would work for this recipe!
- Olive oil: you can also use vegetable oil. You want to be sure all of the vegetables get coated.
- Garlic: this adds more flavor and makes the vegetables garlicky.
- Bell peppers: I like to use orange, red and yellow bell peppers for more color, but you can use any of one color or any color combination you want.
- Red onions: I love red onions with vegetables and they make this veggie combination complete!
- Zucchini: you can also use yellow squash!
- Salt + pepper: this adds flavor to the vegetables.
LOOKING FOR OTHER DINNER RECIPES THAT TAKE 30 MINUTES OR LESS? TRY THESE!
- Easy Cheese Enchiladas
- Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole (Whole30 and AIP)
- Baked Turkey Zucchini Meatballs
- The Best Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Pan-Seared Ribeye on the Stovetop
- Skillet Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
- Chicken Teriyaki Bowls
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Sausage and Vegetable Skillet
- Skillet or frying pan
- 1 package Aidells® Apple Chicken Links; sliced
- 2 tsp. garlic; minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper; cut in half and sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper; cut in half and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper; cut in half and sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 zucchini; sliced
- 1 red onion; sliced
- Heat a skillet or frying pan on medium high heat. Add half of the oil and sliced Aidells® Apple Chicken Links. Stir until the sausage is tender and slightly browned. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the remainder of the oil, garlic, vegetables, and season with salt and pepper. Stir until the vegetables are evenly coated with oil and let the vegetables cook for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Make sure to stir occasionally.
- Once the vegetables are cooked add the sausage back in the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute to warm the sausage. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- If you want to add some spice add sriracha or red chili flakes to this recipe.