Last Updated on
These cheesy beauties are stuffed with a creamy potato mixture and loaded with broccoli pieces. These make the perfect side dish to any meal. This is a great way to add extra veggies to your meals!
These Broccoli Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes are super easy to make and you can ahead of time.
Twice-baked potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes. I really, really love potatoes. I usually just make roasted potatoes with chicken but this time I wanted twice-baked! I’m a meat a potatoes kind of girl and I’m not a picky eater if you couldn’t tell already..I am always looking for tasty side-dishes and I’m glad I can incorporate broccoli into my favorite potatoes!
These Broccoli Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes are simple to make and they are also vegetarian. Your whole family will be sure to enjoy these! The potato mixture is so fluffy, creamy and cheesy. Pretty much the best 3 things that could happen to potatoes.
The secret to getting the potato mixture to be so fluffy is using a hand mixer. There will be less lumps and the potatoes will become airy. The cheese in the mixture melts so perfectly and every bite is cheesy. Oh, and the broccoli! I like to chop my broccoli chunks into smaller pieces so it blends in with the mixture. This is a great way to hide your veggies from your kids (hint, hint Moms!).
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Broccoli Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 2 Tbsp. whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chives; chopped
- 1/2 cup of Monterey jack cheese; shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese; shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Clean each potato and dry. Lightly drizzle olive oil on each potato and sprinkle salt. Prick each potato a few times with a fork or knife. Allow the potatoes to bake for 40-45 minutes. Let cool for at least 15 minutes afterwards.
- Steam broccoli with 1/2 cup water for 6-8 minutes.Drain the water and chop broccoli into pieces.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, slice potatoes in half and scoop the insides into a large bowl, leaving about ¼ of an inch around the shell. Place empty shells back in the oven for about 10 minutes to crisp up.
- In large bowl with potatoes combine milk, sour cream, melted butter, whipped cream cheese, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, broccoli, chives, and cheeses. Mix with an electric mixer until it looks smooth. It is ok if there are some lumps.
- Spoon the potato mixture evenly between the potato sheets. Top with more cheese and broccoli pieces if you wish. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for another 20 minutes to melt the cheese and warm the insides.