As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
If you are looking for a simple and tasty low-carb recipe, these Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps are perfect! Loadeed with flavor and freshness!
“I received a free sample of Kikkoman soy sauce mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Kikkoman and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
This dish is light and has an abundance of fresh flavor! I used spinach and carrots as my veggie because that’s what I had in my fridge as leftovers from another recipe.
OTHER VEGGIE OPTIONS TO USE IN THIS RECIPE
- Bell peppers
These Easy Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps are extremely quick, easy, hearty and full of delicious flavors. The best part is I used Kikkoman’s Less Sodium Soy Sauce so I reduced the sodium intake on this! Soy sauce is rich in savory unami flavor that gives this dish a bursting flavor! This dish can be served as lunch, dinner, snack or even an appetizer by making these bite size.
If you are wanting to make more of a meal out of this, simply add cooked quinoa, rice or brown rice to the turkey meat! I like to keep it light for most of my meals but there are times where I crave those extra carbs. This dish is perfect because you are getting lean protein and vegetables–a perfect combination to eating healthy and getting the right nutrients in too.
LOOKING FOR OTHER LOW-CARB RECIPES?
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion; diced
- 2 cloves of garlic; minced
- 1 cup of fresh spinach; roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- Green onions; thinly sliced for garnishing
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan on high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add ground turkey, spinach, carrots and ginger. Cook until turkey meat is fully cooked and browned.
- Once turkey is cooked, drain to remove access fat then put in a medium bowl. Stir cooked turkey meat with hoisin sauce, Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce and sesame seeds.
- To serve, spoon in meat mixture onto butter lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.