As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
The New Year usually means New Year resolutions, and that usually has something to do with budgeting or saving more money than you did the previous year, right!? We all have goals that we try to reach and if you are trying to budget or cut back on the amount you spend every night for dinner this dish is a great start to save. It is so easy for money to add up and this can last you all week! Most of the ingredients for this soup is probably already in your pantry or fridge–this is a great way to make sure those ingredients don’t go to waste.
It has been raining more than usual in Monterey these past few weeks and I love it! Rainy weather means soup and cozy comfort foods. I have been on a soup kick lately and I am trying out new recipes with my crock pot. I just started to use my crock pot again because it is so convenient and easy.
I wanted to make this soup on my stove and the day I planned on making it, our stove and oven stopped working (how convenient)….but I was still wanting to make soup so I used my crock pot instead. This soup can last a whole week and I like to freeze half of it so I always have soup on hand. Besides this soup being budget friendly, it is also a great hearty soup loaded with fiber, protein and plenty of vegetables!
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Crock Pot Sausage, Spinach and Bean Soup
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 12.8-ounce package of chicken sausage, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cups baby carrots; chopped
- 2 stalks celery; diced
- 2 15-ounce cans beans, drained and rinsed (I used white beans)
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cup beef broth
- Black pepper a pinch
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup pastina small pasta
- Parmesan cheese; to sprinkle on top optional
- Crackers or bread for dunking optional
- Drizzle olive oil on the bottom of a crock pot. Add all ingredients except for spinach and pasta.
- Cover crock pot and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours. During the last 45 minutes of cook time, add pasta and spinach. Stir until combined. Once cooked, enjoy with bread or crackers all week long! Enjoy!