Last Updated on November 11, 2020 by Kathryn Donangelo
A copycat P.F Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe made at home! Ground chicken and veggies are coated with an Asian sauce and served in lettuce wraps!
P.F CHANG’S CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
These P.F Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps are even better when you make them at home! They take less than 20 minutes to make and are the best low-carb appetizer or meal! Ground chicken meat is coated in a similar copycat P.F Chang’s asian sauce and then placed in cool lettuce leaves.
This P.F Changs Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe is super easy and requires minimal steps. Lunch or dinner can be ready in 20 minutes and tastes even more delicious than the restaurant version!
These Lettuce Wraps are so satisfying and quick to make- I think I can make these quicker than when I order them at the restaurant! They are low in carbs, high in protein, packed with flavor and extremely easy to make. The Asian sauce that coats the ground chicken is flavor packed and really brings these wraps together.
These healthy P.F Changs Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe is nutritious so you don’t have to feel guilty about splurging on this meal! Plus, you don’t have to worry about any highly processed ingredients. There are 3 parts to this recipe: ground chicken, sauce, lettuce wraps– that’s all!
If you want to add more veggies you can add shredded carrots, spinach, more mushrooms, and zucchini. These wraps make an awesome party appetizer, light lunch, dinner, or snack! Everyone will love them because who doesn’t love Chicken Wraps from P.F Changs?
- Ground turkey meat: you can use ground turkey meat instead of ground chicken meat. They have similar taste and require the same cook time. Always make sure the meat is 100% cooked through without any pinkness.
- Regular mushrooms: sometimes shiitake mushrooms can be challenging to find. You can use regular white button or crimini mushrooms.
- Lettuce: Any type of green lettuce will work just fine with this recipe. Some lettuce options are butter lettuce, romaine lettuce, green leaf lettuce, and iceberg lettuce. I like to cut my lettuce leaves in half to make it the perfect size. I always cut my lettuce leaves to be about the size of my hand so it’s easy to pick up.
If you have leftover chicken meat, place in an airtight container and it will last in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Make sure to store the lettuce leaves separate so they do not get soggy. To store the lettuce leaves, simply place them in a large ziplock bag and remove as much air as you can. If stored properly, the leaves will stay fresh for 5-6 days before they start to turn limp.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THESE P.F CHANG’S CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
- Ground chicken (you could also use ground turkey)
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Water chesnuts
- Green onions
- Salt + pepper
- Butter lettuce (or romaine lettuce)
- Sesame seeds
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THE SAUCE
- Hoisin sauce
- Low-sodium soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Fresh ginger
LOOKING FOR OTHER HEARTY RECIPES? TRY THESE!
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms (depending on your preference)
- 1 8 ounce can water chesnuts; drained and diced (optional)
- 3 green onions; thinly sliced
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- sesame seeds; for garnish
- 1 green onion; sliced for garnish
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 small shallot; diced
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic; minced
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until combined. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan or wok, add sesame oil and bring to a medium-high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add in shitake mushrooms, green onions and water chesnuts and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir until combined.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the sauce. Stir to coat the meat mixture and then cover with a lid for about 2-3 minutes to let the sauce absorb into the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you prefer your chicken meat to be sweeter add 1 teaspoon of sugar, if you prefer more of a savory chicken meat add more soy sauce.
- To serve, spoon in chicken mixture into lettuce leaves. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!