Last Updated on
“This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.” #HomemadePizzaCrust #CollectiveBias #HomemadePizza
This Green Goddess Pizza is made with all good things! Pizza dough is topped with pesto, an assortment of fresh vegetables, and cheese!
Pizza is always better when it’s made from scratch. Not only is it fun to make with your family, it’s also the perfect time to create memories in the kitchen. This is the perfect recipe for your next family pizza night! Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast makes baking pizza so easy and simple anyone can do it. You can have homemade pizza from scratch in less than 30 minutes. Read that again..yes less than 30 minutes!
Another perk of this Homemade Green Goddess Pizza is a healthier alternative! Hence the green 😉 Just because it’s pizza doesn’t mean it will ruin your diet. I added my favorite green veggies and a green pesto sauce. It’s an amazing way to get more veggies in your diet.
Making the dough is the most fun! If you have kids, they will LOVE using their hands to mix the dough. The dough sets for 10 minutes to rise and get fluffy. In the meantime, I chopped my veggies!
This pizza dough requires just a few easy steps, a bowl and your hands. You can also use a wooden spoon but I personally love using my hands and it incorporates all of the ingredients better. Fleischmann’s® recipes has been trusted for over 150 years and is simply perfect.
This is what the pizza dough should look like after it rises for 10 minutes. It should be light and fluffy.
WHY YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS PIZZA WITH FLEISCHMANN’S® RAPIDRISE® YEAST
- Not only is making pizza from scratch totally awesome, but making it under 30 minutes is even better! It’s a total time saver meaning you get more time enjoying the pizza with your family!
- To make the pizza dough, all you simply do is add all ingredients and mix. No fancy machine is needed here
- Baking homemade pizza from scratch at home is hard to beat
I feel like many of us order take out pizza because we think it’s convenient and hassle free. I used to think that too until I discovered Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast and made this homemade pizza. Another bonus is you know exactly what ingredients you are adding and you don’t have to deal with extra greasy pizza.
There is so much green goodness going on in this pizza from the garlicky pesto, sweet onions, fresh mozzarella cheese, and all of the green veggies on top. The crust should be fluffy, light and golden brown. I like to leave at least 1/2 inch of pizza crust shown on the edges so it’s not completely covered.
OTHER TOPPINGS TO ADD
You can dress this pizza up or down depending on what your pizza topping preferences are. Some other green options to add are sliced avocado, arugula, green onions, fresh basil, artichoke hearts, and peas.
HOW TO MAKE CARAMELIZED ONIONS?
It’s a lot easier then it sounds! All you simply need to do is slowly cook sliced onions in oil or butter until richly browned. The natural sugars from the onions caramelizes resulting in a wonderful flavor. You can use any type of onion to caramelize but my favorite onions to use are yellow onions. Heat 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a saucepan until melted and sizzling. Add one sliced yellow onion and stir for about 2 minutes. Coat the onion slices evenly. Add the other sliced onion and coat until completely coated. Season with a pinch of salt and let cook for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS HOMEMADE GREEN GODDESS PIZZA
- Pizza dough
- Caramelized onions
- Green bell peppers
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
These ingredients are so fresh and gives this pizza all the flavors you crave in a veggie pizza!
IMPORTANT RECIPE NOTES
Follow instructions on the package on the Fleischmann’s® package. The water should be like warm and not hot, otherwise they will kill the yeast. Water shouldn’t be cold either, yeast won’t activate. I highly suggest using a thermometer to check the water, but if your don’t have a thermometer be sure the water isn’t hot. The right temperature of water (not hot, not too cold) is the most important factor of success of baking with yeast. The water added to the dough should be heated to 120˚F-130˚F. Always use a thermometer to check temperature, if possible. The yeast shouldn’t be expired, that is often the reason of ‘not rising’.
LOOKING FOR OTHER PIZZA IDEAS? TRY THESE!
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Homemade Green Goddess Pizza
To make the Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast dough
- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 package Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. Mazzola Corn oil
- 2/3 cup very warm water 120° to 130°F; (see notes below)
- 1/4 cup fresh pesto
- 1/4 cup zucchini; thinly sliced (about 1/2 zucchini)
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper (about 1/2 pepper)
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese; sliced
- 1/4 cup caramelized onions; see notes on how to make it
- 1 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chives; finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Please make sure to follow the instructions on the yest package. Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky.
- Lightly knead the dough on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Pat dough with floured hands and roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Spoon on the pesto and coast dough leaving 1/2 inch of the pizza crust. Layer with fresh mozzarella cheese slices, bell peppers, zucchini, caramelized onions, and oregano.
- Bake for 15 minutes on the lowest rack or until the pizza crust is a golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Top the pizza with fresh chives and slice into 8 slices. Enjoy!