Last Updated on April 6, 2020 by Kathryn Donangelo
“This is a sponsored post by Naked Nutrition Inc. All reviews and opinions expressed in this post are based on my personal view.”
This Strawberry Shortcake Protein Smoothie is boasting with fiber, nutrients and flavor! This smoothie has all the flavors of the classic strawberry treat!
I love a nutrient packed smoothie for breakfast or a snack any day of the week! This Strawberry Shortcake Protein Smoothie is packed with protein, fiber, vitamins and plenty of nutrients. It is naturally sweetened and has a light, fluffy and creamy texture. The original dessert is made with a sweet cake, sweet strawberries and whipped cream. You will find the same flavors in this smoothie, I promise!
I partnered up with Naked Nutrition and used their Vanilla flavored protein powder for this smoothie recipe. I love adding protein to my smoothies because it sustains my energy and keeps my feeling satisfied for longer periods of time.
Smoothies are a fantastic way to get in extra vitamins and nutrients in your day! They are perfect for on-the go, busy mornings and you can drink this on the way to work! There is always time in the day to consume healthy foods, we just need to make time.
KEY NOTES FOR THIS STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
- Any milk will work for this smoothie. I always prefer almond milk since we use it in our coffee and always have it on stock
- The oats make this smoothie rich in fiber and gives the smoothie a rich texture
- If you want to make a gluten-free version of this smoothie, use gluten-free oats instead or omit them from the recipe
- You can use either frozen or fresh strawberries for this recipe. The frozen strawberries will make the smoothie thicker
- Optional ingredients to add for extra fiber and Omega-3: 1 Tablespoon of flax seeds and chia seeds
I hope you enjoy this Strawberry Shortcake Protein Smoothie just as much as I did!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
- Vanilla yogurt: this
- Almond milk
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- Ice cubes
- Vanilla protein powder
LOOKING FOR OTHER HEALTHY RECIPES? CHECK OUT THESE!
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
- High-powered blender
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened) or regular milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- Add the oats to a high-powered blender and blend until the oats are a fine powder.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients for 1-2 minutes or until all ingredients are completely smooth.